• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guedes popping off will probably cover the Enso signing.

He's not dead

OIP.rrDRJOPIt5Uo24oqnPfy6QHaEf

Boubacar is nothing like Palhinha. TT is right, Palhinha would've signed if we had sold Neves to Barcelona.
But Palhinha would have complimented Neves more than Nunes ever did.

Nunes never just slotted in to the team, he was played out of position in order to accommodate our better players.

Palhinha would have been an upgrade in Moutinho's position. He'd have worked as a foil for Neves as well as a replacement.

Nunes never really done either.

Obviously it’s not the £60m we wanted, but it’s a reasonable profit given Nunes’ inconsistent performances for us. Like others have said, he’ll be a completely different player for them then he was here, but that’s largely out of our control.

Add to that the reduced fee for Bueno & Doyle, plus a 10% sell on clause for Nunes, and I think we’ve pretty much done as well as we could out of it.

I’m pleased that, on the face of it, it seems we’ve learned lessons from the Jota debacle.

So we have three new players coming in immediately. I wonder if we can get another couple over the line? We certainly seem in the market for more.
Value coming from reduced fees for two players also means less of a cut for Sporting...

They will get around £1.5m as opposed to £2.3m had he been sold for £60m.

Sounds simple but they get game time and exposure at Brighton that they won’t get if they don’t move. Not Brighton but look at Palhinha, it was widely known he was a solid player but if he’d stayed in Portugal nobody was suddenly offering close to £60m this summer.

They'd get similar game time & exposure at other PL clubs as you've mentioned. Which is why Kudus chose west ham over them, which on pure football terms doesn't make logical sense. Brighton play better football and will finish higher up the table.

I keep seeing Doyle listed in the breakdown of the Nunes deal.
Am I mistaken here....
I'm sure I read somewhere, (possibly a reported quote from Hobbs?) that getting Guedes off our books meant that his salary would pay for one of these incoming players (now Doyle)?
No you are missing the point. It’s not about how we indicate we are paying for Doyle. It’s about the price point that Doyle and Bueno2 are being offered to us at, which are both big discounts. Put that discount on the other side of the equation and hey presto we have got the price we wanted for Nunes.

Press of course are saying the deals are unrelated but the two clubs will have briefed that. In the words of Mandy Rice Davies “they would say that, wouldn’t they?”

Alfie Pond off on loan to league 2 Stockport County, by the sounds of it.

Thought we might have been able to get him in to a club slightly higher up the football pyramid than that?

Also means we’re probably happy with going in to the season with 4 centre backs (Dawson, Kilman, Toti & Bueno).

Does anyone know much about Jean-Ricner Bellegarde? Is he a like for like type of replacement in our starting XI for Nunes or will he just be additional competition? If we sign him, I'm hoping the former rather than the latter.

Weirdly had a similar positional move for Strasbourg as The Rat had for us. Had generally played as a deeper cm but under Pat has been playing on the left of midfield at times.

Not seen very much of him, highlights mostly but he looks like a decent ball carrier.

Nunes never just slotted in to the team, he was played out of position in order to accommodate our better players.

Palhinha would have been an upgrade in Moutinho's position. He'd have worked as a foil for Neves as well as a replacement.

Close to blasphemy. On pure ability, Palihinha is nowhere near.

Close to blasphemy. On pure ability, Palihinha WAS nowhere near.
fixed it for you.

Unfortunately Moutinho is a shadow of the player he was when he joined. He could still turn it on and play a blinder once I'm a while but seldom did.

Reed is an underrated player but how many CMs do we need? Can't see them selling him to us at all either.

Alfie Pond off on loan to league 2 Stockport County, by the sounds of it.

Thought we might have been able to get him in to a club slightly higher up the football pyramid than that?

Also means we’re probably happy with going in to the season with 4 centre backs (Dawson, Kilman, Toti & Bueno).
100% Bueno2 is in the bag then.

I think we will be linked with loads of players over the next 24 hours. Media now know we have a sudden fat wallet.

Boubacar is nothing like Palhinha. TT is right, Palhinha would've signed if we had sold Neves to Barcelona.
True, he’s a pale shadow of him. At present anyway.

Everyone presumes this and it may have been true, point I am making is it wasn’t necessarily good thinking.

Bang on!

Is the sudden opening of the wolfie wallett, due to Nunes, or Fosun groups announcement of over 10% rise in group profits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back