• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
£53m in cash (one payment)
£10m off Tommy Doyle (£4.3m fee)
£12m+ off Santi Bueno (£8m fee)
10% sell on clause
Deal structure means Sporting only get £1.5m of their sell on clause
A stroppy player that didn't want to be here off the books

A great deal all round I think

Think we have done a decent deal overall on nunes, yes there's a player in there, but he didn't come out too often here, so good luck to him.
I am looking forward to the kid from paraguay/uraguay or whichever of the "guays" he's from. Looks quick, aggressive, and very comfortable with the ball.

10% sell on clause

Agreed. Still looking forward to the McIndoe-style welcome back though. I have no issue with Matheus wanting to play for Manchester City, but what changed for me was when he refused to train in order to force the deal.

blob

Molineux when Nunes comes on as sub for City this season

10% sell on clause

I keep seeing Doyle listed in the breakdown of the Nunes deal.
Am I mistaken here....
I'm sure I read somewhere, (possibly a reported quote from Hobbs?) that getting Guedes off our books meant that his salary would pay for one of these incoming players (now Doyle)?

I keep seeing Doyle listed in the breakdown of the Nunes deal.
Am I mistaken here....
I'm sure I read somewhere, (possibly a reported quote from Hobbs?) that getting Guedes off our books meant that his salary would pay for one of these incoming players (now Doyle)?
It's based on the quotes of Matt Hobbs in the press release after he left to go back to Benfica. We get less information on wages than we do with transfer fees though.

10% sell on clause

I think you are exaggerating the level of discounts by quite a distance, but agree we have cleared the £60m we were after and in a vacuum it's a good deal

Guedes popping off will probably cover the Enso signing.
£5m and low wages (compared to the rest of the squad)

Obviously it’s not the £60m we wanted, but it’s a reasonable profit given Nunes’ inconsistent performances for us. Like others have said, he’ll be a completely different player for them then he was here,
I'm not convinced he'll be a massive success at city. He'll have a lot more competition for a place than he did at Wolves obviously.
Hope he's a flop.

I'm not convinced he'll be a massive success at city. He'll have a lot more competition for a place than he did at Wolves obviously.
Hope he's a flop.
I think they are going to have to pick their games with him. The way Sheff Utd played against them on Sunday I think he'd have been effective, against a better side with how high City's centre halves go he could be a liability. Pep will know this

If anyone can get the best out of him it's Pep, he improved Grealish quite a bit I think.
Having said that I don't really care what happens to him, we got rid of a playervthat wasn't committed to us and turned a healthy profit.

Does anyone know much about Jean-Ricner Bellegarde? Is he a like for like type of replacement in our starting XI for Nunes or will he just be additional competition? If we sign him, I'm hoping the former rather than the latter.

Does anyone know much about Jean-Ricner Bellegarde? Is he a like for like type of replacement in our starting XI for Nunes or will he just be additional competition? If we sign him, I'm hoping the former rather than the latter.

FBRef compare him to Iwobi so I’m sold

I think they are going to have to pick their games with him. The way Sheff Utd played against them on Sunday I think he'd have been effective, against a better side with how high City's centre halves go he could be a liability. Pep will know this
I'm sure Guardiola will improve him.
His strength seems to be picking the ball up deep and motoring with it. Great in full flow. Inherently risky though as we've witnessed.
Similar thing with Adama. Great when it comes off. How often does it come off?

I had a quick look. Doesn't score much, small stature 5'7". 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back