• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how £5m is cheap on a totally unproven 18 year old from a dreadful league who has only played a handful of games.
Only 300 fewer league minutes than JG got in his last season at Flamengo tbf.

I’m not sure how £5m is cheap on a totally unproven 18 year old from a dreadful league who has only played a handful of games.
Cheaper than buying the British based equivalent, such as say However, with similar lack of experience.

Only 300 fewer league minutes than JG got in his last season at Flamengo tbf.
I’m sure the parguayan league is on a similar level to Brazil…

Gomes also played 4200 minutes in total and reasonable amount of minutes the year before.

I’m not even sure why I’m trying to justify this tbh 🤣. I mean they are not even remotely comparable

Cheaper than buying the British based equivalent, such as say However, with similar lack of experience.
Impossible to say when we have no idea how good he is, but most likely true with English club tax.

But we all know how that deal has worked out thus far, which wouldn’t have been “cheap” at half the price.

I think it’s more of a risk as we ideally need to give him some time to ‘bed in’ as Brighton did with Enciso. When in reality we probably need Gonzalez to make an impact now.

To be fair though quite a few players have come from South America (Brighton’s acquisitions being the obvious example) and adapted well to the Premier League.

I’m sure the parguayan league is on a similar level to Brazil…

Gomes also played 4200 minutes in total and reasonable amount of minutes the year before.

I’m not even sure why I’m trying to justify this tbh 🤣. I mean they are not even remotely comparable
I mean you said a “handful of appearances” which I think 30 is more than.

As for the Paraguayan league, no, it isn’t as good as Brazil’s top flight, but neither is the Colombian top flight and we paid more for Mosquera. He also has Libertadores experience already which ain’t nothing at 18.

Besides, 5m is practically nothing for a Prem club.

I plan on going all Darren Peacock and postponing the inevitable.

WBHQLRIUWJHSLEL6WJHU2HIRTI.jpg

Maybe we’re buying him and loaning him back to Blackburn for the remainder of the season?

I can’t read Nixon’s tweets as he’s blocked me, despite me never actually having any interaction with him ever (can’t blame him tbf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back