• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if he doesn’t want to get reintegrated, then you are stuck with an expensive costing depreciating asset Aka like Podence
I don’t think he’s going to sit on his arse and refuse to play for 4 months, mate.

Moot subject anyway as he’s obviously going to City.

I do have a deep concern though that we're lining up these signings in light of Nunes leaving, and City will turn round and go "no thanks, we don't want him anymore"
Given our track record during this window I reckon Nunes to City is a done deal. It just has not been announced yet.

I don’t think he’s going to sit on his arse and refuse to play for 4 months, mate.

Moot subject anyway as he’s obviously going to City.
Yeah going to City will happen 99% sure of it. Tbf Podence looks like he may do that for 12 months unless something changes quickly, so I wouldn’t rule out doing it for 4 months.

Not if he doesn’t want to get reintegrated, then you are stuck with an expensive costing depreciating asset Aka like Podence
He will need to be reintegrated and performing really well if he is to get a dream move in January or next summer and he knows it. No worries.

I mean you said a “handful of appearances” which I think 30 is more than.
Christ. Change it to “not a lot”. 1500 minutes is not a large body of work is it? (And you’ve changed it total appearances now and then conveniently compared it to João Gomes league minutes when his total was 4200 😉)
As for the Paraguayan league, no, it isn’t as good as Brazil’s top flight, but neither is the Colombian top flight and we paid more for Mosquera. He also has Libertadores experience already which ain’t nothing at 18.
Was Mosquera not £5m?
Besides, 5m is practically nothing for a Prem club.
Which has no relevance to the original point?

He will need to be reintegrated and performing really well if he is to get a dream move in January or next summer and he knows it. No worries.
KDB will likely be fit in 4 months though, so that dream move could be dead if city decide other positions are more important, all hypothetical though.

Christ. Change it to “not a lot”. 1500 minutes is not a large body of work is it? (And you’ve changed it total appearances now and then conveniently compared it to João Gomes league minutes when his total was 4200 😉)

Was Mosquera not £5m?

Which has no relevance to the original point?
You set the "total appearances" goal post, I used minutes because Gomes had 1800 in the Brazilian league the season prior to joining us, for Gonzalez that number is at 1500 for the Paraguayan league. Not a huge difference. So then going back to appearances, 30 is nearly a full season's worth; that's enough to get a solid scouting report on a player. You can argue about the minutes João played in seasons previous to that one, I'd say you're typically bought and sold based on your most recent year's worth of performances. You could even go so far as to argue that Gonzalez impressing European scouts at a younger age than Gomes did is a good sign, not a bad one.

On Yerson, it may have been, the number in my head is 7m but admit that could have been posted in USD (given most of his coverage now comes from American sources and they will occasionally mention the fee Wolves paid).

Yes, it is very relevant, as 5m in the Prem is pretty unequivocally "cheap". That's pocket change in our arena.

You've got to think that if he is so highly rated, he'd have been snapped up long before we found a few quid at the back of the sofa.

Surely the key is to get them before they get too highly rated, like Brighton do.
I agree but if Brighton have already had success buying from his club then you would think that they’ve not wanted him?

Holding would be fine for where we’re at at the moment. Decent enough CB with Premier League experience.
He's really shit.

Does nothing well, slower than Nadine Dorries and prone to a howler

We already have a club captain like that, don't need another.

I have no idea why people keep wanting Championship level dreck.

I agree but if Brighton have already had success buying from his club then you would think that they’ve not wanted him?
If I'm reading/remembering the timelines right, Gonzalez would still have been in CLA's academy when Brighton purchased Enciso. Could be they only scouted the senior team?

If I'm reading the timelines right, Gonzalez would still have been in CLA's academy when Brighton purchased Enciso. Could be they only scouted the senior team?
I don’t know. Just making a point that he’s played a few minutes so must be on the radar of scouts of plenty of clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back