• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understanding != Excusing

As for loyalty to the club, it's 2023. The club are his employers, not his family. It's a shame but that's just where the game is at this level, IMO.

Think we talked about it a little last season regarding Leeds. And I'll just spread it to the whole of the Premier League. How many regularly starting players at this level have a genuine connection to the club they play for?

If you are going to use quote marks at least make the effort to use the exact quote. So, so thin skinned
There was multiple comments saying pretty much exactly that.

Not that it matters. He’s shown his true colours now. Some of us are just better judges of character than others ;)

Got to be honest and say I’m not even the slightest bit surprised. Of course you can’t expect loyalty from footballers but you do expect a modicum of respect as their employer. Neves had plenty of interest in his several years here and not once did he go on strike.
Don’t think the best club in the world bid for Neves though?

Got to be honest and say I’m not even the slightest bit surprised. Of course you can’t expect loyalty from footballers but you do expect a modicum of respect as their employer. Neves had plenty of interest in his several years here and not once did he go on strike.
Yep, I imagine there are fair few former Wolves players that could have gone on strike with more grounds than Nunes.

Neves, Jota, Raul, Adama probably more.

Did he? What bid did we reject? He was openly available for 3 years

He was always going to kick off - he didn’t particularly want to play here in the first place, holding out on joining in case a ‘bigger club’ came in.

Sadly Matheus unless City give us want we want you’re stuck with us. I’m glad we rejected their latest bid.

Don’t think the best club in the world bid for Neves though?

He was due to join Barcelona the summer before this. Maybe not the best club in the world but certainly one with a lot of prestige.

There was multiple comments saying pretty much exactly that.

Not that it matters. He’s shown his true colours now. Some of us are just better judges of character than others ;)
You weren't calling him disloyal for striking like he is now through, you were saying he was disloyal for wanting to sign for City.

They're two entirely different things.

Understanding != Excusing

As for loyalty to the club, it's 2023. The club are his employers, not his family. It's a shame but that's just where the game is at this level, IMO.

Think we talked about it a little last season regarding Leeds. And I'll just spread it to the whole of the Premier League. How many regularly starting players at this level have a genuine connection to the club they play for?

I don't think people are expecting him to keep his family's season ticket after he's gone, but there's no need to be such a prick about getting your next move. If the two clubs aren't that far apart then just put your head down and wait for the inevitable. I'd bet a pound to a penny that he hasn't offered to forfeit any loyalty bonuses, or his agent has offered to take a reduced fee in order to grease the wheels.

But then dance with the devil etc

Last edited:
He was due to join Barcelona the summer before this. Maybe not the best club in the world but certainly one with a lot of prestige.
It was Barcelona who pulled the deal, I mean he could have gone and sat outside their training ground Odemwingie style but I doubt it would have made a difference

I don't think people are expecting him to keep his family's season ticket after he's gone, but there's no need to be such a prick about getting your next move. If the two clubs aren't that far apart then just put your head down and wait for the inevitable. I'd bet a pound to a penny that he hasn't offered to forfeit any loyalty bonuses, or his agent has offered to take a reduced in order to grease the wheels.

But then dance with the devil etc
I don't disagree and wish he had gone about things this way.

It was Barcelona who pulled the deal, I mean he could have gone and sat outside their training ground Odemwingie style but I doubt it would have made a difference

I think my point was despite the interest he didn’t once refuse to train or whatever.

I don’t blame Nunes for wanting to go to the best club in the world, but he can keep his head down when it sounds like there’s only a few million to be negotiated in the deal.

I think my point was despite the interest he didn’t once refuse to train or whatever.

I don’t blame Nunes for wanting to go to the best club in the world, but he can keep his head down when it sounds like there’s only a few million to be negotiated in the deal.
Exactly, a deal was/is close anyway, there's no need for him to be a dick.

Exactly, a deal was/is close anyway, there's no need for him to be a dick.

Yup. Not as if we’ve said he’s not for sale, just we want an extra £5-10m.

Clearly got poor advisers. No surprise with who his agent is I suppose.

Yup. Not as if we’ve said he’s not for sale, just we want an extra £5-10m.

Clearly got poor advisers. No surprise with who his agent is I suppose.
"Max kept his head down and now he's stuck here forever"

Or, more accurately, we're stuck with him.

If he wants to go so badly, how about sticking his hand in his own pocket and making up the difference between what Wolves want and what City will pay? No, didn't think so. Piss off rat.

I just think it's false equivalence. Nunes deserves all the criticism he gets, making up situations which didn't happen with Neves to throw further shade is unnecessary

If he wants to go so badly, how about sticking his hand in his own pocket and making up the difference between what Wolves want and what City will pay? No, didn't think so. Piss off rat.
Not sure it works like that.
Nice thought though 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back