• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting loyalty no not from any player, expecting them to have the basic levels of professionalism is not a lot to ask.

Who's pretending? He's had some brilliant moments but by and large he's shown very little at this level.
He hasn't shown very little. He's had numerous games where he's looked head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad.

The issue with him continues to be his consistency and how to get the best out of him in whichever system we settle on but there shouldn't be any doubt over his talent.

He hasn't shown very little. He's had numerous games where he's looked head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad.

The issue with him continues to be his consistency and how to get the best out of him in whichever system we settle on but there shouldn't be any doubt over his talent.
Can't say I agree with this. A handful at most, IMO.

He's got talent coming out of his pores, no doubt. That doesn't make him a Premier League footballer any more than it made Ricardo Quaresma one.

He's got a lot to prove.

At the beginning , wasn't the word going around before he arrived here that he was far from keen on joining us , and only moved here as he expected it to be used as a stepping stone to a bigger club in the shortest time possible .
Was he ever that committed you'd have to ask ?

I mean, what can we do about it anyway? No point in worrying about it... Or having an opinion about it... or even typing this...

I'd say Sako had far more reason to throw his toys than Matheus has, and he never did. Multiple bids from multiple clubs in for him over various periods too. He was also a far more effective player for Wolves than Matheus ever has been.
Did'nt Sako have a #headsgone moment and stayed away from a couple of fixtures in League One ?

Which is pretty what I was getting at last week with the loyalty comment, and was pretty much universally mocked on here.

“It’s City, what do you expect?” is what I was told. Well yeah, but now he’s thrown a strop and is striking so that’s cool.

Guy is clearly a complete twat who thinks he’s doing us a favour being here. Get in the sea.
It’s unfortunately what a lot of players do. It’s totally wrong Ofcourse, but this is hardly an isolated incident.

I don’t have the same worry with cunha and Gomes currently, simply for the fact that I don’t see city etc coming in for them currently. However, if they did it wouldn’t suprise me that they took a similar stance.

You’re highlighting the problem with him in a nutshell, yes has quality but it appears on about a 1/4 basis. He’s good but not good enough to demand and refuse to work.

So many footballers do this don’t they, it’s not an isolated incident. Will be directed by his agent I’d imagine, but have something about yourself and don’t be twat.

I don’t think anyone would have an issue if he said, yeah Ofcourse I’d love the move (who wouldn’t) but going on strike. Nah mate.
Have a guess who is agent is

You’re highlighting the problem with him in a nutshell, yes has quality but it appears on about a 1/4 basis. He’s good but not good enough to demand and refuse to work.
No one is good enough to demand and refuse to work

He's obviously a wanker but let's not pretend that he isn't quality.
He has quality moments but for me, true quality is shown doing it week in, week out and for the better part of 90 minutes.
Shades of Camara this... and we all know what happened to his career when he left.
Get the rat out. Our club is far bigger than one person's ego.

Which is pretty what I was getting at last week with the loyalty comment, and was pretty much universally mocked on here.

“It’s City, what do you expect?” is what I was told. Well yeah, but now he’s thrown a strop and is striking so that’s cool.

Guy is clearly a complete twat who thinks he’s doing us a favour being here. Get in the sea.
If you are going to use quote marks at least make the effort to use the exact quote. So, so thin skinned

It's a business, that's how they'll see it.
From a player's perspective I get how you land on trying to force a move here. How often does a club like City come calling?

Obviously I'd prefer he got on with things in the meantime as it puts the club in an awful position.

Reactions: b3h
Reality is that if it had happened at the start of the window we’d have generally been happy with the fee. I wasn’t alone in regularly saying that if we could get our money back I’d snatch the prospective club’s hand off. Bit more frustrating now given that he’s probably had his best two games for us this season but overall if the money is reinvested I’m not too bothered. Reckon a Danny Mills reception awaits him on his return, the rat.

From a player's perspective I get how you land on trying to force a move here. How often does a club like City come calling?
But there’s a way to ‘force a move’

I don’t think anyone would say he’s wrong in the fact of his going to Hobbs etc ‘look I want the move’ but don’t go on strike.

The reason city want him is because he’s been given the platform to play by sporting, then us.

Maybe it’s a naive outlook from me, but you don’t need to strike. There’s fuck all loyalty in football is the issue. I get nunes had no affiliation towards wolves, but he’s employed by the club, we pay his wages etc. meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back