• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this Charles Hague-Jones bloke and where has he come from?

Genuinely hadn't heard of him until about a week ago and then he had a spat with Judah & now he seems to be smashing rumours out left, right & centre on Twitter about Wolves.

His most recent one being we're interested in Raphael Guerreiro on a free transfer but face competition from Man City who are eyeing him up as a replacement for Joao Cancelo. Even though last week Romano said Nice, Atletico Madrid & Bayern are leading the chase for his signature.

I assume Hague-Jones is another wannabe to be added to Paddy's scrapheap of unreliable sources?

Pete O'Rourke reporting that Stoke have put in a bid for Dion Sanderson.

A bidding war. Great news

With our original £2m asking price I now expect us to announce he was sold for £1.5m

(Might be unfair now Scott has gone but fuck it, I am in a crap mood thanks to the pollen today so everyone gets my angry sarcasm for the day)

Last edited:
He's a nobody trying to make a name for himself.

Edit: Charles not Dion.
It's weird, he's got a Sports Journalism degree and is always at Lopetegui's press conferences but he claims to work for LocalTVSport which I've never heard of and there doesn't seem to be a single article to his name anywhere online.

The majority of what he tweets about is guesswork and opinion. The only 'news' is straight from Julen's press conferences and you can get that at the same time from PTS/LL.

It's weird, he's got a Sports Journalism degree and is always at Lopetegui's press conferences but he claims to work for LocalTVSport which I've never heard of and there doesn't seem to be a single article to his name anywhere online.

The majority of what he tweets about is guesswork and opinion. The only 'news' is straight from Julen's press conferences and you can get that at the same time from PTS/LL.
Judah had a pop at him for not putting the original source of the pictures he was using on Twitter in his posts (I honestly can't say I've noticed ANYONE doing that!), which I thought was a strange thing to do. But as you say, he seems to be at the press conferences and has started getting some airtime on social media when previously, I'd never heard of him.

Odd.

Mirror saying Burton & Port Vale interested in taking Dexter Lembikisa on loan next season.

I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Burslem so hopefully Burton get him.

Catalan press still going with Neves/Fati swap.

Surely not.

Surely not.
Just makes no sense. He's our most likely route to a hefty incoming transfer sum, so let's swap him for a player that doesn't want to be here.

I have a sneaky suspicion Nunes will be sold this summer to get more cash in (because we've swapped Neves) and then we'll have to sit on the sidelines and watch him flourish elsewhere when he's played in his proper position.

Thing is we have played Nunes in his "proper position" and he's been largely awful. Not just underwhelming, awful. If you were to list his best five performances in a Wolves shirt then most if not all of them would be when he was played wide (but he doesn't play as a winger when we do that).

I'm not particularly minded to make excuses for him, his basic play is shocking a lot of the time. That display at Brighton is right up there for worst individual outing ever.

Just makes no sense.
it only makes a degree of sense if Lopetegui wants Fati. How the deal is put together is down to Jorg...sorry Jeff.

I get that Fati doesn't want to leave Barca. Don't forget Nuno had to put on the charm to get the likes of Boly to leave Portugal to join Wolves, so its not strange for a player to have to be persuaded to join a club. Its how they are when they arrive that matters

If this is happening then he better turn up with a better attitude than the last player who didn't want to move to us did.

So presuming this happens, FFP experts what is the best way to do this deal. Straight out swap or putting £40m price on Neves and Barca say £40m for Fati and they are done as separate, even though its a swap, deal?

Last edited:

Surely not.
Be worse then the Guedes deal, give it a few months and Fati will be jetting back to Barcelona and gone missing... Bad move really bad and not even good joking about it. Bloke will be a non trier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back