• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt anyone will pay what we would ask for him.
Expect another season long loan where they just pay all his wages.

Ajax should be flush after United gave them 100 odd million last summer.

We absolutely shouldn't loan him again, there is zero value in that for us.
I guess he goes out hits 16+ goals his value goes up to a level closer to what we (over) paid for him as he has 2 solid seasons behind him, goals wise.

I guess he goes out hits 16+ goals his value goes up to a level closer to what we (over) paid for him as he has 2 solid seasons behind him, goals wise.
Not if he does it in the Netherlands, that isn't boosting his value to that kind of level.

We haven't had anyone score more than 6 league goals for us in a season since 2019/20. I reckon he could beat that here even if he isn't #1 striker. That should be a target. No more kicking the can down the road, you're just making a problem worse later on.

If he stays here for a year and he's shit then so be it. Then we made a massive mistake. Most of us think that anyway.

Scored a goal every 150ish minutes for PSV which is honestly decent given he was either on the left wing or sat behind Luuk de Jong (IE, never got a consistent run in the team at CF).

He'll either show Julen something or he won't, c'est la vie.

Not if he does it in the Netherlands, that isn't boosting his value to that kind of level.

We haven't had anyone score more than 6 league goals for us in a season since 2019/20. I reckon he could beat that here even if he isn't #1 striker. That should be a target. No more kicking the can down the road, you're just making a problem worse later on.

If he stays here for a year and he's shit then so be it. Then we made a massive mistake. Most of us think that anyway.
You know me, look for reasons even if I don't agree with what I'm saying.

We have been linked with a lad who has scored a few in the French 2nd and a player in the Championship. Between £15m - £25m.

Goals speak volumes at any level and these days £20m seems to be the new "low" transfer fee. So a couple of seasons, wherever he is with goals will help if we want to sell for anything close to the wasted £35m

Scored a goal every 150ish minutes for PSV which is honestly decent given he was either on the left wing or sat behind Luuk de Jong (IE, never got a consistent run in the team at CF).

He'll either show Julen something or he won't, c'est la vie.
He scored 2 goals this season against teams that weren't in the bottom 3rd of the league at that point.

4 of his goals were against effectively non-league sides. (Of his total 16).

He scored 4 in the Dutch top flight. That's crap.

Having said that we should give him a go and he's either shit or become a viable option.

What do you want him to do, play in a league other than the one we loaned him to?

What do you want him to do, play in a league other than the one we loaned him to?
Have a decent return in terms of goals in that league would be a start. And against opposition that aren't lg1 standard.

Fabio's Eredivisie record is alright. 600 minutes across 5 starts and 9 sub appearances. 4 goals. One of the goals was against Twente who finished 5th and had the best defence in the league. A fair chunk of those 600 minutes were out wide.

That's not a bad record.

Fabio's Eredivisie record is alright. 600 minutes across 5 starts and 9 sub appearances. 4 goals. One of the goals was against Twente who finished 5th and had the best defence in the league. A fair chunk of those 600 minutes were out wide.

That's not a bad record.
1 goal against anybody that wasn't 16/ 17/ 18th is pretty shit imo. Hwang and Guedes have better records than that and we know what you think of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back