• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Fati for Neves plus cash thing makes me a little angry every time I see it (BBC page this morning) even though it hopefully won't happen. But, you know, being a pessimistic person plus Fosun...

We had Stephen Ward and two Darren Wards on the books in 2009. Could sign Bournemouth's keeper to replace Sa and have three Netos.

Yep! Seems like a plan, replace Neves (who'd captained his team in the champions League when we signed him) with a player who's never actually played for his club. Linked just because he's Pedro Neto's cousin most likely.

So a quick scan

Not actually played for Benfica 1st team yet
Benfica fans think that is due to his contract status
His agent doesn't get on with Benfica and is advising all his players to leave or run their contracts down
Benfica fans think he is better than Neves
Benfica fans will be annoyed if he leaves

We wouldn't be able to afford his fee anyway.

Will be a couple of clubs pushing that fee up and we will be name checked to help keep those clubs keen

A lot of these links that we're seeing will be players Hobbs & Lopetegui Jr have identified but we now can't sign because Fosun say so.

Saints looking for £40m. I can imagine their chat with Jeff/the recruitment team was a very quick one.

Saints looking for £40m. I can imagine their chat with Jeff/the recruitment team was a very quick one.
There’s as much chance of Fabio Silva going for £40m as JWP!

Yep! Seems like a plan, replace Neves (who'd captained his team in the champions League when we signed him) with a player who's never actually played for his club. Linked just because he's Pedro Neto's cousin most likely.
If he's free we haven't got a lot to lose. Wouldn't count as a foreign player due to age.

But he could be complete shit 🤷

There’s as much chance of Fabio Silva going for £40m as JWP!
I reckon someone will pay that for JWP (they shouldn't obviously, and it won't be us). Seems a good bloke, peak age, guaranteed return off dead balls, they'll just ignore the fact that he runs like he's being buffeted by an 80mph headwind and can't tackle.

I reckon someone will pay that for JWP (they shouldn't obviously, and it won't be us). Seems a good bloke, peak age, guaranteed return off dead balls, they'll just ignore the fact that he runs like he's being buffeted by an 80mph headwind and can't tackle.
Replacement for Rice at West Ham?

Moyes would bloody love him. Could definitely see that one.

Maybe JWP would actually be good in a 3 man midfield if playing 433. Gomes or Lemina holding, Nunes or Traore the other side

7e9bf868-bfa5-4c9a-983c-036c3cfcc61b_text.gif

I've only seen him play for Portugal in the under 19s or whatever it was but he looked very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back