• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know nothing of the lad but I'd take him over Gyokeres

He's 5 foot 9 so would probably have a job leading the line on his own, would definitely need that support player with him you'd think.

.. due to his low centre of gravity (1,76cm) he is also very pacey and quick
So only short people can be pacy and quick?

€15m for a player who hasn't even played a single game in the French top league is very expensive IMO. He could well be a great player if allowed to develop at a Ligue 1 club, but parachuting him into the Prem in probably a supporting role, could kill his progress.

So only short people can be pacy and quick?
importedImage143056_3

Quick, very quick. Rapid.

It's the sort of signing we should be going for. I think, probably don't have too much choice either

Certainly up there with midnight being late for the Spanish

That's one of the most English things I've read all year, fair play
Actually having just looked up the league rankings they are equivalent to the Norwegian top flight. And just above League One.

Probably can't do it on a cold night at Kenilworth Road.

Did Lineker used to play up front on his own?

He was one of the best strikers in the world anyway so probably exceptional circumstances regardless.
More than happy to concede the exceptional on the next one the 5’8” Aguero! I just don’t think you have to be a truly massive unit to play lone front man. There are different types of strikers without teaching grandma to suck eggs! Personally I think a Sheringham type might be more suited to us, admittedly, but an Aguero-lite would also be rather welcome.

I was looking through Ligue 1 forwards on Sofascore the other day and, at least purely going on the stats, they're all lumps or pure finishers. Some impressively so, but I don't trust they'll make the leap to England smoothly.

Actually having just looked up the league rankings they are equivalent to the Norwegian top flight. And just above League One.
Tippeligaen!

Norsk is such a silly language (literally, “The Top League”).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back