• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that came out of the blue didn't it...

Sheff Utd linked with him the other day (another shock for us all)

We should be able to get more than the 4.5m that the deal was going to cost them so should work out better for us.

Nothing missed bar the hope we would get more money for a player.

I know we've had this debate on here already, and quite a few said Coady made the right career call by moving to Everton to save his World Cup place - and ultimately that did happen, even if he was a glorified cheerleader and didn't get on the pitch - but his club career has properly gone down the pan since then. 12 months ago he was club captain here and a mainstay in the first 11. We all know Lage is a wanker, but if Coads had stuck it out, he'd have been playing alongside Dawson and would still have a future here, IMO.

First sign of a bit of a fight for his place and he was looking for a move. Can't blame him for thinking Lage was a knob, but still didn't sit quite right with me at the time and it doesn't now. Then he goes and loses his place in the Everton team after a few weeks too. He's had a bit of a stinker, really - but hey, he'll have the memories of flying to a World Cup and watching it up close so I suppose no one can take that away from him.

Surely we can get £5m or so from Sheffield United.

If Lampard wasn't useless it would have been a great move for him. He would have played in 36 league games and been joining them full time.

Lage didn't want him (his choice) but went about it the wrong way. If you know you are not wanted anywhere you don't stick around do you.

I think we will get a nominal fee for him, I certainly wouldn't hold out hope of a £4.5m+ deal

It was Lage's fault (the wanker). All he had to say was "I'm going with Max and Nathan to start with but rest assured, you'll get plenty of games and we value what you give us". Instead he had him knocking around with the likes of Connor Ronan and it was made clear he wouldn't play.

Don't think Coady threw his toys or agitated for a move in a disruptive way, he just didn't want to spend months kicking his heels, World Cup or no World Cup. Of course he could have gambled that he'd outlast the bib monitor and he'd take his chances under a new manager.

In other news

I really hope Lop (if he’s still arsed) and Jeff are politely telling Jorge to do one. We don’t want players that don’t want to be here. See a certain Mr. Guedes for clarity.
Could also be one of the issues Lop has. He doesn't want the player but being told its the only way he will get a player in a position he wants to make additions too. (obviously plucking this idea out of the air)

Really hoped the days of Mendes installing a player whether they or we want it were over. If, as we are told , Jeff is serious about using Jorge less then its a test for him.

I know we've had this debate on here already, and quite a few said Coady made the right career call by moving to Everton to save his World Cup place - and ultimately that did happen, even if he was a glorified cheerleader and didn't get on the pitch - but his club career has properly gone down the pan since then. 12 months ago he was club captain here and a mainstay in the first 11. We all know Lage is a wanker, but if Coads had stuck it out, he'd have been playing alongside Dawson and would still have a future here, IMO.

First sign of a bit of a fight for his place and he was looking for a move. Can't blame him for thinking Lage was a knob, but still didn't sit quite right with me at the time and it doesn't now. Then he goes and loses his place in the Everton team after a few weeks too. He's had a bit of a stinker, really - but hey, he'll have the memories of flying to a World Cup and watching it up close so I suppose no one can take that away from him.

Surely we can get £5m or so from Sheffield United.
Not really to do with Lage, Coady just not suited to a 4.

Not really to do with Lage, Coady just not suited to a 4.
He was fine when Lampard played a deep sitting back 4. Their troubles properly began when they weren't scoring enough so he went for a higher back 4 and guess what...they conceded more and still couldn't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back