• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is giving us anything remotely close to what we paid, so may as well keep him here and see what he can offer if that’s the case.
Sunk cost fallacy.

If we're not going to pay him then sell him otherwise he's just a lead weight at the club.

Only Championship clubs are going to be interested and the vast majority of them don't have much money to spend now. I don't think we're getting £5m for him.
Put a sell on clause in there just in case he really develops.

Been linked with Fabio Carvalho on loan. Think he's a good player and even though I'm not usually a fan of developing other people's players, a couple of these kind of loans might be necessary this season.

I think we already knew what position we were in. My take away was that is looks hard for Newcastle to sustain their success long-term unless they keep selling players as well (as opposed to others in the big 6 who will just be there).

Interesting thread. So this guy's take is that we're in a similar boat to most non-big 6 clubs, Lop is being a bit unrealistic/hysterical and we'd be in a better position if our player trading wasn't so shit?
If that is the case it depends what Lopetegui was told when he took the job. In one of his press conferences he said he didn't want to sign amazing players, he wanted to sign young/undervalued/Championship etc, implying that even those kinds of players were out of the question now.

I think we already knew what position we were in. My take away was that is looks hard for Newcastle to sustain their success long-term unless they keep selling players as well (as opposed to others in the big 6 who will just be there).
Until they line up their dodgy sponsorship deal. Already talk of them being sponsored by a random Saudi company next season.

Been linked with Fabio Carvalho on loan. Think he's a good player and even though I'm not usually a fan of developing other people's players, a couple of these kind of loans might be necessary this season.
Yeah I'd be fine with him for a year if it meant someone like Podence/Hwang was on the way out.

I don't think the raw numbers paint a particularly bleak picture tbh. Even allowing for an extra £20m on amortisation for this season, and an extra £20m on the wage bill (higgghh estimate), you're still looking at a 3 year loss in the region of £70-80m, presuming the other revenues/costs are broadly the same, which gives you a fuck tonne of wiggle room. Even more so if we flog some of the academy shit and one or two that are in the last year of their deals

Thought he wanted out permanently.

Thought he wanted out permanently.
Liverpool don't want to sell.

RB Leipzig have put a bid on for him but its been rejected. Fabrizio say's they may consider a transfer if they can get a buy back clause in the deal but they prefer a loan deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back