• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really disliked England (as much as we disliked him I guess) so can't imagine he would fancy a return trip

He probably tops Guedes for me. At least Guedes could move

He probably tops Guedes for me. At least Guedes could move
He gave up on us but we should never have signed him. How we played under Nuno just wasn't suitable. We signed a near post finisher and put 4 balls there for him (he scored 2 of them...fuck VAR wiping one of them out).

So I can understand why he stropped around a bit and by the end we may as well have started the Billy Wright Statue up front.

He started out putting the effort in and no doubt wanted it to work whereas Guedes had zero interest being here from the word go....and cost around £22m more.

I never saw anything from Jose that suggested he would be good for us. I think the first few games the fact he wasn't Fabio elevated the perception of him.

Great defensive header off the bench to secure that superbly defensive 0-0 at Chelsea...oh how people forget the good times...

Palace had 2 good chances which required 2 decent saves from the keeper. The first one that ball he loves into the near post.
Linked up well with Podence v Arsenal and won the pen that got Luiz sent off and put the game in our favour (think we were on a winless in 9 run at that point and starting to get a bit nervy)

Then it starts to run very thin....scored at Flum put Podence was judged to be offside and a tidy finish v Sheff Utd.

Its not great when you can remember the majority of his "highlights" though.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought he looked useful in his first couple of appearances. Good with his back to goal.

Overall tho his time here was a disaster; why would he come back to England when he's gone back to Spain and been scoring at a decent clip again?

I was going to say money but just looked an he's still got 3 years left on his current contract which is apparently about £45k a week, I'd be amazed if Luton can dramatically improve on that

He was a total coward. Used to hide behind defenders in positions where he couldn't possibly receive the ball then look disappointed when no-one passed to him.

Neves to Barca seems to be getting mentioned a lot on Twitter. Not sure if it’s just same stuff we already know though

Yeah because he is going to be in central Luton and not in the leafy chiltern stockbroker belt less than ten miles away

Neves to Barca seems to be getting mentioned a lot on Twitter. Not sure if it’s just same stuff we already know though
It looks like it's come from Gerard Romero who is pretty reputable.

It looks like it's come from Gerard Romero who is pretty reputable.
He tweeted about it the other week too. That Xavi wanted him but only if they sold Kessie.

Mr Neves trying to persuade a new striker to come and join us next season?

35D342AB-63E2-41BF-B414-8180C1FD509F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back