• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 goal against anybody that wasn't 17 is pretty shit imo. Hwang and Guedes have better records than that and we know what you think of them.
I actually don't know what you're expecting from him there, it's a pretty unfair stance to take.

Are we retrospectively downgrading any goals that Raul scored against Fulham, Norwich, Watford etc when they were shit? The fact that he has ANY goalscoring instinct is a hint of vague promise, we basically haven't had a striker all season.

I actually don't know what you're expecting from him there, it's a pretty unfair stance to take.

Are we retrospectively downgrading any goals that Raul scored against Fulham, Norwich, Watford etc when they were shit? The fact that he has ANY goalscoring instinct is a hint of vague promise, we basically haven't had a striker all season.

Not sure what's unfair. He was playing for one of the top sides in the division, didn't score many goals and couldn't displace Luuk De Jong. 3/4 of his goals were against teams that were in the relegation zone. By their very nature those teams are easier to write against.

Whilst I'm completing records, Guedes record for Valencia was decent. I think he's pretty shit as well.

Displacing Luuk de Jong at PSV isn't exactly a small ask for a kid.

Guedes had one outlier season in a career dating back to 2015. It was the only one where he'd ever scored more than 5 and he was obviously shit from watching him, these aren't the same thing.

He'll prove he's good enough for the PL in the PL and nowhere else. We're talking about a league in which Jozy Altidore scored 33 goals prior to his Sunderland move.

For now we can look at his stats and say "decent enough, could be something there". Doesn't mean we're betting on it, but 4 goals in 600 minutes is sure as shit better than anyone in old gold managed last season.

He'll prove he's good enough for the PL in the PL and nowhere else. We're talking about a league in which Jozy Altidore scored 33 goals prior to his Sunderland move.

For now we can look at his stats and say "decent enough, could be something there". Doesn't mean we're betting on it, but 4 goals in 600 minutes is sure as shit better than anyone in old gold managed last season.
I'm not sure what you're saying?

That Altidore was better than Fabio?

Only players that play in the PL are good enough for the PL?

Fabio's 4 goals are better than anybody else at Molineux this season?

🤷

Guedes had one outlier season in a career dating back to 2015. It was the only one where he'd ever scored more than 5 and he was obviously shit from watching him, these aren't the same thing.
Having watched Fabio I can safely say he's obviously shit.

If he goes back on loan you can only assume the club are going to be wanting to extend him for another additional year and there were reports he wasn't keen on that last summer before it happened if I remember correctly.

Him not being able to get regular starts at PSV is an issue because if we loan him out again it needs to be to a team in a better league and then the competition for a spot in the 11 will most likely be better not worse.

Agree that we either need to keep him and give him an opportunity if we think he can play a part or just try to recoup what we can on him.

Off the ball movement is good. Link up play is good. And he's got a lovely barnet.

Jonny made his mind up on day 1 and will never change it

I know this is the internet so I shouldn’t expect anything else but I love how every single player is either ‘absolutely fucking shit’ or ‘fucking amazing’ and there’s no in between.

For supporters of a club who can barely score and could have been relegated this season if not for the manager coming in we sure do get high and mighty about anyone we get linked with (or already own for that matter)

I haven't seen anything from Fabio to suggest he could be the striker to replace Raul. But equally I'm shit at spotting good footballers and genuinely know very little about the game so if Lop wants him that'll be good enough for me. What is not good enough is endless loans a la Cutrone.

Fabio’s best performance came against the best side he played against for PSV. Absolutely destroyed Sevilla for the 30 minutes he was on the pitch when he played with De Jong. For anyone doubting his ability they obviously didn’t see that.

Now that doesn’t mean he’s suddenly our answer but genuinely can’t see how anyone can think he’s shit. Whether his ability gets shown here or not who knows but he’s definitely got it in him.

Whether his ability gets shown here or not who knows but he’s definitely got it in him.
It's a definite maybe for me. I've seen him have decent moments but I've also seen him try to head the ball in unmarked from <5 yards and have it come off his shoulder and bounce harmlessly away.

I think perhaps we’re all forgetting that Fabio “can have a hundred problems, but on the field I am a butterfly, completely free”.

Let him cook.

I see Mariano Diaz has been released by Real Madrid. We were linked in January and Lopetegui has managed him before. No idea if he'd be any good.

I see Mariano Diaz has been released by Real Madrid. We were linked in January and Lopetegui has managed him before. No idea if he'd be any good.
Wiki says that when he re-signed for Madrid in 2018 they owned 35% of his playing rights.

Does releasing him also relinquish that or do they still have that?

He’s really not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back