• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is we have played Nunes in his "proper position" and he's been largely awful. Not just underwhelming, awful. If you were to list his best five performances in a Wolves shirt then most if not all of them would be when he was played wide (but he doesn't play as a winger when we do that).

I'm not particularly minded to make excuses for him, his basic play is shocking a lot of the time. That display at Brighton is right up there for worst individual outing ever.
Yep, don't disagree with a lot of that, but I do feel we shoe-horned him in wherever we could for a large % of the season, and he was also moved around lots in games to accommodate substitutions etc. Off the back of that it's not surprising to see why he was so inconsistent.

Reactions: b3h
We haven’t played him in the middle as he’s too much of a liability there. Gives the ball away awfully, you can’t just pass it to the opposition when you’re the deepest midfielder and your FBs are ahead of the ball. Inexplicably just passes it out of play too. Then there’s the losing the ball dribbling issue too.

We can’t really sell him either as he’s only 1 year into a 5 year deal so even getting our money back (which surely wouldn’t happen) doesn’t free of tons of wiggle room.

Presumably, even if done as a swap, we could record it as a sale and purchase for FFP purposes (ie an immediate receipt versus a payment out over the contract length).

Presumably, even if done as a swap, we could record it as a sale and purchase for FFP purposes (ie an immediate receipt versus a payment out over the contract length).
My qualm with that is that Barca have already played silly buggers with that mechanism in the recent past (the Pjanic/Arthur "swap" was incredibly bent), the authorities in Spain and beyond are keeping a keen eye on everything they do, and I don't want us having to deal with any fall out, even if it would be a reasonable benign deal in itself.

I think at the moment la liga bosses have to pre-approve Barca deals.
Already had to get the thumbs up for the deal they want to give Messi

Last edited:
There's talk that they're trying to use David Beckham as a mule. Messi signs with Inter Miami, gets immediately loaned to Barça, and the two clubs split his wages.

What's in it for Inter and Beckham?
Your guess is as good as mine. A token six months in pink and white after Messi tires of FCB again?

Everything that has happened in Miami since the club started play has shown Beckham to be a bit of a stooge.

A bloke called Aaron Dominguez, who appears to be a Spanish journalist with 20k followers on Twitter, has linked us to 18 year old Joao Neves, who plays for Benfica. Bayern Munich also interested, apparently.

A bloke called Aaron Dominguez, who appears to be a Spanish journalist with 20k followers on Twitter, has linked us to 18 year old Joao Neves, who plays for Benfica. Bayern Munich also interested, apparently.
pffft I made a comment and posted his "highlight" video on here a few weeks back just because of his name...

Aaron nicking my material. Ignore

The real power move would be to buy Ethiopian club Adama City FC (which I've only just learned exists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back