• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine it's some recent bias but weren't both Guedes and Nunes not particularly keen on coming here? Look how that's gone.

I imagine it's some recent bias but weren't both Guedes and Nunes not particularly keen on coming here? Look how that's gone.
Flip side to that and Boly, Jota etc had to be persuaded by Nuno to come here. Boly had told us to fook off 12 months previously.

Already said it today but leaving Barca for us is huge and not many players will want to do it.
The key is what they are like when they get here. All down to the players attitude. Guedes didn't want to come and then continued with that attitude after signing.

They're in an exclusive club of one then considering how all his other teams feel.

The Sheff Utd fans I work with seem convinced they've put a bid in for Coady. Has that been rumoured anywhere?

Valencia must have had some dreadful shit when he was there as their fans were gutted he left.
Not my mates from Valencia in fairness - they were ‘sorry for me’.

There's a lot of Adama related content from Wolves the last few days. (An Instagram post an hour ago to go with the documentary the other day)

I'd be surprised if he isn't staying.
Well Be Lop A Lula wants him to stay and I can't think of a club bigger than us that would want him or any club be willing to pay him shedloads.

Small sample size I know but a ball carrying, goal scoring midfielder is just what we need if Lop wants to play with a 3 and Alex Scott (or other English options) are too expensive.
Veiga is really highly rated, might end up being very expensive.

João Neves is quite similar to João Gomes in profile. Quite combative, wins the ball back cleanly the way Gomes does and is good in tight spaces as well. If we signed Neves it'd be to complete with Boubacar, Lemina & Gomes for the 2 deeper spots. A Scott/Veiga type player would be more to compete with/replace Nunes as the wider midfield player or Cunha as the 2nd forward.

That RB Iván Fresneda we were linked with is available on a €20M release clause as Valladolid were relegated.

As always, none of this matters as Fosun have decreed that we can't spend money because reasons.

Not a huge number of experienced leaders among these names (none of whom are headed our way anyhow).

Saints went the hot prospect route last summer no?

Not a huge number of experienced leaders among these names (none of whom are headed our way anyhow).

The important thing is to do it better than they did. As a transfer policy it's not bad on principle but it's high risk.

On the name translations Stefan Kuntz translates to Steven Cunts*. That was a surprise! :ROFLMAO:
* I might be lying..

The issue being those were the ones that impressed, the rest of the team were the problem. I'd have any of Alcaraz, Lavia, Sulemana and Bella Kotchap here.

Alcaraz and Bella-Kotchap were Jan signings though. Bazunu, Mara, Edozie, Larios, Carleta-Car, Aribo -all arrived last summer, all highly rated...zero leadership.

I'm excited about Gomes, Boubacar, Nunes, Chiquinho, maybe even Fabio but we really need a couple of old hands out there and I hope that's a priority.

JWP has more than enough experience to fill that role, whatever I think of him as a footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back