• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely would not be upset if we kept Coady and sold Kilman.

Though obvs I'd like a new CB better than either.

If you want to demonstrate how silly FFP calculations and amortisation can get, although I concede that this takes clubs (and amazingly not ourselves) being stupid. So imagine the following nonsense.

1. Spurs are prepared to pay £25m for Kilman. This is already fantasy island but bear with me.
2. We accept that Barcelona want Neves and value him at £40m. We then go for the completely ridiculous and say no to Ansu Fati but we would do a swap deal for Jules Kounde who is available for £69m (roughly depending upon the euro exchange rate). Kounde really likes Wolverhampton and cannot wait to join on a five year deal.

Silly but it pans out thus. Neves value in its entirety offsets against the Kounde fee. So FFP wise the total is £29m to amortise over the five year contract at a smidge under £5.2m a year.

The entire Kilman fee goes straight into FFP wiggle room. So we would have £19.8m still to play with having vastly improved the defence. That’s how silly FFP can be, although the heavy lifting being done by the suppositions in the scenario is rarely seen outside channel 5 the week after Christmas.

With with regards to Coady being on the Monday Night Club last night he basically stated that he's in a bit of a state of limbo but is talking to the club, as he has all season. Would have been easy for him to say that he's due back for pre season and he'll take it from there but by not saying it, I guess that the likelihood is that he is on his way out.

Seeing how the season panned out it's easy to say he would have been public enemy booboy thanks to a minority of wankers in The South Bank... sorry I mean Molineux..

Anything over £20m would be exceptional business. We should be able to replace him for less and even then there’s a good chance the replacement is considerably better.

I’m a little surprised people think we’ll get 8 figures for Coads.

Coads saying all the right things there now he’s in a situation he never thought would happen (i.e. being back here). Tail between the legs, comes to mind.

I’m not disputing Lage isn’t an arse, though.

Coads saying all the right things there now he’s in a situation he never thought would happen (i.e. being back here). Tail between the legs, comes to mind.

I’m not disputing Lage isn’t an arse, though.

I think that's a bit unfair tbh, he clearly loves the club and his time here. He was told he wasn't wanted, so he went

I think that's a bit unfair tbh, he clearly loves the club and his time here. He was told he wasn't wanted, so he went
You reckon? I’m sure there’s some feeling there towards Wolves considering how much of his career he spent here, but he knows what he’s doing in the media. He’s a likeable bloke, but there’s no way he ever expected to come back here.

"It's incredible to join Everton," Coady, who has been capped 10 times by England, told evertontv. "As soon as I heard the interest, from the manager but also the football club itself, I really wanted to be part of it straight away. I'm over the moon to join.
"I've grown up around the city, I know the football club, how big this club is and what it means to the supporters. I'm someone who was desperate to come here, to play for this club. I've got family and friends who are massive Evertonians.
We’ve heard Coady’s side of the story, but we haven’t heard Lage’s, so we don’t truly know what happened. Lage literally said this two days before we sold Coady -

Lage described Coady as “one of the best people I know in football”. He added: “Since Wolves arrived in the Premier League do you know how many games they played? 152. You know how many games Coady played? 151. With me he played all the games. Massive respect from me to Coady and massive respect from the club to Coady. Now I have more solutions and I will choose the best for my team, but I cannot forget Coady.”

Lage is a wanker. We all know this. And for many, it wouldn’t matter what his version of events is, because it would be outright dismissed anyway.

I believe Coady is saying all the right stuff from a PR point of view to get back on side with the Wolves fans, as he likely never expected to be back here. I can’t even blame him, its just very obvious!

Man is told he can leave
Man leaves
Man says positive things about his new club
Man returns to parent club where he was told he wasn't wanted
Man still speaks highly of said club

What else is he meant to do here?

"I'm back at Wolves and frankly I'm fucked off. Fucked off I'm having to say nice things, fucked off that Dyche ruined my chances and fucked off regardless what I say some chump will roll their eyes and say yeah whatever pal. Please sign me Sheffield"

"I'm back at Wolves and frankly I'm fucked off. Fucked off I'm having to say nice things, fucked off that Dyche ruined my chances and fucked off regardless what I say some chump will roll their eyes and say yeah whatever pal. Please sign me Sheffield"
Yep, he should have said this. Let’s see some real passion, Conor.

He doesn't need to get back on side with me, he left because our previous manager is an arse. We're fully aligned there.

Nothing he did or said annoyed me, it was clear then it's clear now that it wasn't a case of "not fighting for his place" and throwing his toys at the first sign of being dropped, the stupid goon definitively said he wasn't going to play at all. So what was he to do?

Yep, he should have said this. Let’s see some real passion, Conor.
Imagine the fall out...you would have to put Wordle to one side for a couple of days so you could respond properly.

I'm waiting on Lage's side of the story, no doubt as part of his autobiography "Yes Jorge. The story of a title, 8 away wins and no striker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back