• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcaraz and Bella-Kotchap were Jan signings though. Bazunu, Mara, Edozie, Larios, Carleta-Car, Aribo -all arrived last summer, all highly rated...zero leadership.

I'm excited about Gomes, Boubacar, Nunes, Chiquinho, maybe even Fabio but we really need a couple of old hands out there and I hope that's a priority.
You mean like Dawson, Lemina, Sarabia, Semedo, Kilman and Sa?

Coady talking on 5 live said he has been talking to Wolves all year. Said he'd never have left if B&C hadn't kicked him to the kerb.

You mean like Dawson, Lemina, Sarabia, Semedo, Kilman and Sa?

I don't think Sarabia, Kilman, Sa and Semedo provide the leadership we need, no. Kilman especially so as he seems to be a mute.

I don't think Sarabia, Kilman, Sa and Semedo provide the leadership we need, no. Kilman especially so as he seems to be a mute.
So age has nothing to do with it then?

I don't disagree we need leaders but 'old hands' doesn't mean they're good leaders.

Young players can be just as good, Rice, Gerard, Ferdinand, Bruce and our very own Neves were/ all are fantastic leaders at young ages.

I would like to distance myself from any JWP suggestions. That wasn’t me!

We’ve not replaced the attitudes of Coady, Saiss etc, despite their shortcomings as players.

Not certain I entirely agree Neves is always a positive either, he can be tetchy and needlessly aggro around the refs. Not always, but am sure it harmed more than helped at times

edit: anyway, HAPPY DAYS

Last edited:
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Rúben Neves is waiting and will wait for Barcelona. Personal terms, agreed since the end of April with his agent Mendes #FCB

Time to wait as Barça can’t proceed now due to FFP, not a priority for Xavi.

It’s not guaranteed at all that Ansu Fati will join Wolves in the deal.

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Rúben Neves is waiting and will wait for Barcelona. Personal terms, agreed since the end of April with his agent Mendes #FCB

Time to wait as Barça can’t proceed now due to FFP, not a priority for Xavi.

It’s not guaranteed at all that Ansu Fati will join Wolves in the deal.
The only positive there is the last sentence.

With with regards to Coady being on the Monday Night Club last night he basically stated that he's in a bit of a state of limbo but is talking to the club, as he has all season. Would have been easy for him to say that he's due back for pre season and he'll take it from there but by not saying it, I guess that the likelihood is that he is on his way out.

Last edited:
How much do you reckon we could get for him? Up to £20m?

And would selling him be ideal for FFP due to profit etc (I understand so little of it all forgive me)

Yeah he'd be the perfect sale tbh, his amortisation cost is fuck all, and he's very replaceable. Thought it'd be a homegrown player out which might cause some complications in squad building. He's got a good enough reputation and has never really looked shit, so you'd like to think £15-20m is achievable

Such an easy decision to sell him. Spurs fans will hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back