• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the fall out...you would have to put Wordle to one side for a couple of days so you could respond properly.

I'm waiting on Lage's side of the story, no doubt as part of his autobiography "Yes Jorge. The story of a title, 8 away wins and no striker"
I don’t think any of us are arsed by what Lage has to say, but we’ve only heard Coady’s version of events so it’s safe to say that will be heavily weighed in his favour so he comes out of it looking as good as possible.

I have no issue with Coads & I’ll say again, I understand why he’s now bigging Wolves back up. But it’s obvious he never expected to return.

Very much looking forward to the Guedes comments on how he “bleeds gold and black” and has “always been a Wolves fan” when he’s forced to return next season.

Very much looking forward to the Guedes comments on how he “bleeds gold and black” and has “always been a Wolves fan” when he’s forced to return next season.
Chances of that are slim

The very best you will get out of Guedes if no one wants him and he is part of the squad will be "I am here, I will do my best"
Then won't do the second part of this statement.

If you want to demonstrate how silly FFP calculations and amortisation can get, although I concede that this takes clubs (and amazingly not ourselves) being stupid. So imagine the following nonsense.

1. Spurs are prepared to pay £25m for Kilman. This is already fantasy island but bear with me.
2. We accept that Barcelona want Neves and value him at £40m. We then go for the completely ridiculous and say no to Ansu Fati but we would do a swap deal for Jules Kounde who is available for £69m (roughly depending upon the euro exchange rate). Kounde really likes Wolverhampton and cannot wait to join on a five year deal.

Silly but it pans out thus. Neves value in its entirety offsets against the Kounde fee. So FFP wise the total is £29m to amortise over the five year contract at a smidge under £5.2m a year.

The entire Kilman fee goes straight into FFP wiggle room. So we would have £19.8m still to play with having vastly improved the defence. That’s how silly FFP can be, although the heavy lifting being done by the suppositions in the scenario is rarely seen outside channel 5 the week after Christmas.
All fine for that year. But then next year you have the same amortisation again but no big sales so you make a massive loss.

Then you say “oh that’s fine, as the massive profit in the previous year offsets it”. Then 2 years later that massive profit is gone from the 3 year period and your fucked.

You don’t want to ever be recording abnormally massive profits or abnormally high losses becuse it skews the accounting period too much as it’s only 3 years. Needs to be longer to smooth out such irregularities.

Great management, Bibs Boy.

He was such a wanker.

As much as I love to join in on panning him. This puts a new slant on things, I thought Lage just phased him out but it seems like he actually said to Coady you aren't going to play so you can see what's out there. Seems quite fair.

Attitude wise, of all the players we have to get fucked off with, Conor Coady - a guy who has given everything to this club - is way, way down the list.

Seems bizarre to even question his attitude towards Wolves TBH - we've been a lot weaker in terms of character and leadership since he left.

I thought it was well established that Coady was told he wasn't going to play. Hence him looking for another club.

I'm kind of disappointed the Scouser in him didn't tell Lage to fuck off and that he'd be here long after he'd gone. But I guess the England experience was fresh in his thoughts and he was blinded by that and wanted to try and protect those chances.

As much as I love to join in on panning him. This puts a new slant on things, I thought Lage just phased him out but it seems like he actually said to Coady you aren't going to play so you can see what's out there. Seems quite fair.
We didn't have any other centre halves though, not that he saw as fit for purpose. Just writing off an experienced player at this level and saying you're never going to play was stupid.

We didn't have any other centre halves though, not that he saw as fit for purpose. Just writing off an experienced player at this level and saying you're never going to play was stupid.

Happens loads though. Nuno with Joe Hart at spurs is another example of it. I'm more annoyed at Saiss as he would have been our best centre half prior to Dawson signing, even in a back 4.

More a these 2 are my first choice and I understand if you want to leave kind of thing is my take with a strong hint of "you should leave"

I mean Lage was pretty confident at that point he could cover Coady going with Toti and Mosq, sorry I mean Neves & Jonny

All fine for that year. But then next year you have the same amortisation again but no big sales so you make a massive loss.

Then you say “oh that’s fine, as the massive profit in the previous year offsets it”. Then 2 years later that massive profit is gone from the 3 year period and your fucked.

You don’t want to ever be recording abnormally massive profits or abnormally high losses becuse it skews the accounting period too much as it’s only 3 years. Needs to be longer to smooth out such irregularities.
Did you miss the bit where I actively used words like fantasy island, silly, and nonsense?

The whole thing shows how ridiculous deals can massively change FFP calculations. It’s the sort of place the Arthur-Pjanic swap deal seemed to go. (although that was even darker and murkier)

Actually sends a shiver down my spine that I'm part defending Lage, the wanker.

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Actually sends a shiver down my spine that I'm part defending Lage, the wanker.
I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

No problem with a manager making a call on a player but he should have known that our squad couldn't sustain just letting him go without a replacement, not if he didn't trust Toti (he didn't, and now looks even more of a mug).

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

No problem with a manager making a call on a player but he should have known that our squad couldn't sustain just letting him go without a replacement, not if he didn't trust Toti (he didn't, and now looks even more of a mug).
He must have at one point had trust in him. We let 3 CB's go and added 1. We know we went for Dawson and if that had happened then Mosq was going out on loan

Collins was doing ok until his City moment of madness and to not replace him v West Ham with Toti is staggering but ultimately it cost him his job so silver linings and all that

Moving Coady on was the right decision and I wouldn't have him back as he'd be even less suited to the system than he was when he left. It was just handled appallingly.

No issues with Coady himself. Crazy that I even have to write that tbh, he's an absolute hero and left for valid reasons. There's an element on Twitter that hate him for some reason but I'll never understand why. If he does pull on a Wolves shirt again he'll get a brilliant reception at Molineux.

I've given up trying to understand Wolves Twitter, I just say my piece and tend to leave it. Some very very strange people out there.

A year ago it was massively pro-Lage.

Imagine any player coming in on loan.

Club PR: "What attracted you to this great club?"

Player: "Honestly? Nothing. I wanted to stay where I was, but the manager there is a bitch-ass punk."

I can see how that would endear him to the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back