• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Porto? Quick heatmap check says he likes to occupy basically the same area of the pitch as Cunha. Probably not what we want.

Lycan may know more.
He can play deep but also as a 9. Good one too but would cost the best part of £70m

Ramos is WAY out of our league now. Another one we should have signed at the time it was originally rumoured, if there was any truth in it, of course.

No guarantee Ramos would have wanted to come here even if we'd met his valuation back then.

He can play deep but also as a 9. Good one too but would cost the best part of £70m
Porto's record transfer sale is for Éder Militão at 50 million euros so doubt whether they'd hold out for that much.

Either way we ain't spending
£45 million quid on a player any time soon I wouldn't have thought, especially when we let them fleece us for Fabio.

Evanilson is a really good player but not worth the asking price. Tbh there's not a lot of good value at the big 3 in Portugal now. Some quality players but they're all way too expensive.

Evanilson is a really good player but not worth the asking price. Tbh there's not a lot of good value at the big 3 in Portugal now. Some quality players but they're all way too expensive.
If JG and Chiqi are any evidence, we’re looking to beat those clubs in their typical hunting grounds, anyway.

Side note: Are you in Portugal these days? I forget how you became our de facto Liga Portugal Tim Vickery.

If JG and Chiqi are any evidence, we’re looking to beat those clubs in their typical hunting grounds, anyway.

Side note: Are you in Portugal these days? I forget how you became our de facto Liga Portugal Tim Vickery.
No, I just watch a lot of the games.

Although as soon as I said there's no value in the big 3 Fabrizio Romano has given a 'here we go' to Grimaldo to Bayer Leverkusen on a free transfer. Definitely missed out there.

No, I just watch a lot of the games.

Although as soon as I said there's no value in the big 3 Fabrizio Romano has given a 'here we go' to Grimaldo to Bayer Leverkusen on a free transfer. Definitely missed out there.
Do you think he would've coped in the PL? He's very small.

Anyone think we could tempt RB Devyne Rensch from Ajax? Only cost €10m but I imagine a lot of clubs will want him.

You highlight the problem of xG and why people hang too much on it.

It's a broad brush metric which taken in isolation, as some stats idiots (not you) do, doesn't mean a lot.

I'm sorry I brought the bloody stupid thing up now.

Love you too Johnny. Not often we 'vibe' but I'm here for it.

On the Barca transfer ban, isn't that lifted if they make £150m+ in player sales first?

Edit: Damn "m" was missing

Last edited:
Other than short term salary it doesn't make sense for him to do so unless it's with a small buy out clause. He'd be better off leaving for free next Summer

On the Barca transfer ban, isn't that lifted if they make £150+ in player sales first?
Yes, although it'll probably be if they promise to at some point. The way Laporta speaks he's not treating it as a real thing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back