• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neto who's had a 2 serious injuries and Nunes whos supposed to be a centre mid as 2/3 of our main wide options doesn't sound that great when I think about it

Hwang is cheap, works hard, relatively flexible and I don’t reckon kicks up any fuss. He’s going nowhere. Probably on less than half what Neto is on and has arguably been a better player over the last 2 seasons.

Julen seems to like him, tbf. He at least uses him more effectively too.

Not sure what the plans for Neto are. I hope he comes good again but not sure how patient they are going to be with him. Certainly won’t be getting any big bids like last summer for him

Think Hwang will stay as a squad option, Lopetegui seems to like him and gets more out of him than previous coaches.

Last edited:
I’ve thought since he arrived that Hwang is a perfectly acceptable bench option for a club of our stature and ambitions. No love for him as a player (though he seems a nice lad off the pitch), and wouldn’t be against seeing him go, but he’s basically our budget James Milner. Can play in a bunch of different roles across the front and wide areas, will never be the best player in any of those positions, but has the workrate and energy and stamina to compensate for it.

Neto who's had a 2 serious injuries and Nunes whos supposed to be a centre mid as 2/3 of our main wide options doesn't sound that great when I think about it
Would be good to see the Ait Nouri as a forward experiment continue. Would allow Ryan Giles to come back and compete with Bueno.

Giles is less of an LB than RAN
From the matches I've seen him play this season, he looks better positionally. I would favour him as LB as I think he'd be less likely to be caught up the pitch on the break as much as Ait Nouri is.

We're one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, yet people are happy to get rid of our top scorer, to go with with our second and third top scorers who will be leaving in the summer as well.

After those three - Podence 6, Neves 5, Traore 2, you have Hwang on 2 goals. Two goals!

Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the solution isn't to sell him and hope for the best.

We're one of the lowest scoring teams in the league, yet people are happy to get rid of our top scorer, to go with with our second and third top scorers who will be leaving in the summer as well.

After those three - Podence 6, Neves 5, Traore 3, you have Hwang on 2 goals. Two goals!

Be careful what you wish for.

If you want to distil it into such a reductive fashion you could say we have Fabio coming back who has 17 goals this season, way more than all of them put together.

If you want to distil it into such a reductive fashion you could say we have Fabio coming back who has 17 goals this season, way more than all of them put together.
Well no because that's in a completely different, and weaker league.

I said you could. I wouldn't make the silly argument of 'Podence is our top scorer so don't sell him' to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back