• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on if you're Neves FC or Win Games with Clean Sheets FC I guess 😉
Lage put him on the bench twice last season. Southampton and Leeds, both away. Won 1-0 then would have won 1-0 if we didn't have atrocious timewasting tactics which caused there to be loads of injury time.

Maybe the big gabbling dork was on to something all this time :D

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Liverpool: they're in desperate need of a midfield rebuild and he would be a very affordable option for them as opposed to MacAllister and Rice. Pretty sure the latter is out of contract next summer too, though.

I can't see it myself. I'm not even sure he fits their style of play either, thiago certainly doesn't for example. They likely need 2/3 midfielders and I can't see them spending near 30m on one player given the way their owners have been recently.

I was all for "don't change a winning team" originally but, as long as JL sticks with 4-4-2, I've no qualms with Neves coming back in. The good news of the past two games is that we can drop him for rest periods and not jeopardise the result. I think the team becomes over-reliant on him being the difference maker when he plays, but that's not Neves' fault.

Without wishing to spend paragraphs and paragraphs demonstrating the bunk of "never change a winning team" (don't tempt me :D ), we did change the team from Chelsea to Brentford anyway. Sarabia played instead of Podence.

You could argue that we met Chelsea and Brentford at just the right time , one team lacking direction and on their 3rd Manager this season and another who have had a decent season , but who can't be relegated and are unlikely to make Europe .
Leicester are desperate for points , that could make them dangerous . We need to out our best foot forward to hold onto the momentum we have - Neves plays therefore , shouldn't be a doubt about that .

If Jorge gets Doherty back here it will prove his influence is still greater than we hoped/imagined. I suppose if he's representing both clubs and the player again it could happen...

Hopeful that the influence at Palace he has that at least got Nuno an interview there still exists.

We have been linked with him rejoining since around a month after left.

No Leon Clarke stylee homecoming for El Doc

By my reckoning we have either in the club or on loan 26 players who would be none qualified / overage players next season, we can only have 17 in the PL squad. I've tried to put into buckets, although obviously that's subjective:

More likely to be here than not
Sa
Semedo
Toti
RAN
B Traore
Chiquinho
Neto
Nunes
Lemina
Gomes
Hwang
Sarabia
Podence
Cunha
Kalajdzic

Out of contract and likely gone
Moutinho
Costa
A Traore

In contract, but we'd like / likely to move permanently or on loan
Jonny
Neves
Jimenez
Jordao
Mosquera
Guedes
Bolla
Kawabe

Summary is without pre season injuries in addition to the likely to still be here category we only have 2 places available and that's if the other buckets are correct. So I think we could see a couple of minor surprises go from that list. Most obvious contenders for me are Podence sold in an area where we have plenty of cover, Neto loaned to get a full season in him elsewhere and RAN moved as he's clearly out of favour. It also makes the Moutinho and Costa decisions more clear cut imo

I'd like to see Podence go, and Chiqinho have a season on loan somewhere and between the income from those two and a Mendes special on Guedes, get somebody to slot in alongside Nunes and Neto to make it three quality players for two spots, and having Hwang and Sarabia as back up.

I'd like to see money in for Podence, Raul, Jonny, Guedes - there might £50m there - and obviously the loss of Adama, Moutinho, Costa, then get in a wide forward and a striker for a net spend of about £30-40m when a year's worth of wages are taken into account for the ins and outs

Hwang to go, I'd be happy to have Sarabia start and Chiquinho on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back