• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
In January we brought in Dawson and Bentley who are English , Sarabia who is Spanish , Gomes and Cunha are Brazilian and Lemina is from Gabon I think .
No way, we've bought all these players and I haven't noticed where they're from!

Thanks for the update 👍

He's Portuguese so link him to Wolves. Taking young players to develop them for someone else isn't something we've done thus far under Fosun.
Only declared for Portugal recently though so not sure it's a lazy link.

We had Vitinha we inexplicably didn't take the option on so I can see us doing it again.

Not sure he's a player we need, there are more pressing concerns.

We had Vitinha we inexplicably didn't take the option on so I can see us doing it again.

Agree with the more pressing concerns, but there is a conceivable exodus of players in that (rough) position this summer I guess.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting a player in on loan to develop him if he makes us better. Rather we get a good player than one of our rivals. Provided he adds to the team rather than takes away then I'd be for it.

I also think things might be a little different now, the ship is run by Lopetegui now, and a change in transfer strategy isn't completely out of the the realms of possibility.

I also think things might be a little different now, the ship is run by Lopetegui now, and a change in transfer strategy isn't completely out of the the realms of possibility.
JL is most definitely doing things differently . Relying on one country for a high % of your incoming players is going to catch you out after a while .
Moving away from that is great to see .
Not sure how involved JL was in the capture of Gomes though . Got the impression that we were looking at him long before JL arrived .

We've got great value out of Portugal let's not forget - Neves , Moutinho , Patricio for a while and so on , but you can't keep going back to the same source expecting to continually finding quality players who will make a difference .

JL is most definitely doing things differently . Relying on one country for a high % of your incoming players is going to catch you out after a while .
Moving away from that is great to see .
Not sure how involved JL was in the capture of Gomes though . Got the impression that we were looking at him long before JL arrived .

We've got great value out of Portugal let's not forget - Neves , Moutinho , Patricio for a while and so on , but you can't keep going back to the same source expecting to continually finding quality players who will make a difference .
I think part of it is Mr Lopetegui is his own man and doesn't want to rely on Mendes so much and is happy to tell the owners that.

I'm okay with him leaving tbh. I would love for him to stay and I hope that one day he comes back to captain us in Europe, but for now, I think an amicable parting would be in the best interests of both parties.

Don't think anyone will begrudge him a move and if we can get 40m+ with one year left on his contract then that's good business.
Will miss him though and I'll still be gutted.
Tbf we've had an extra year out of him, was convinced he was gone on the last day of last season.

Will be absolutely gutted when he leaves, but he owes us nothing at this point and I think given his age etc, a move to a big European club is what he deserves. If we can get £40m+ for him, we should be able to reinvest that in to the squad. As per Percy's comments above, Lemina, Gomes, Bouba, Nunes & potentially more new signings gives us some good options moving forward and the last two games prove we can play without him.

Just hope he goes abroad and not to someone else in the PL.

I'd imagine he'll be with us next year if we are holding out for £40m. Just can't see who has the financial clout to afford him with a need for him at the position.

From what I was told, his Mrs has recently taken a job at the private school the kids go to, and as the kids were born here and they are very settled they were comfortable with staying. A contract offer obviously on the table but it was to be looked at if we stayed up.

How that headline reads to me is the club would be actively open to offers to get some money in.

I'd imagine he'll be with us next year if we are holding out for £40m. Just can't see who has the financial clout to afford him with a need for him at the position.
I agree, he was available at that price 2 years ago without takers. I think he'll go, but for less, probably late in the window

I agree, he was available at that price 2 years ago without takers. I think he'll go, but for less, probably late in the window

I'd suggest nearer 20 than 40 if he does. Although I still struggle to place him somewhere, obviously wants to play CL football and there isn't anyone obvious that sticks out as a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back