• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too but it's not really a sustainable model. Can't let your most valuable assets leave on a free regularly.

If its not a CL team coming for him, then that makes it more likely he'll sign a new contract and stay a bit longer surely?

20m just seems like an absolute bargain, but with a year left guess it changes things.

Will be sad day III - Jota, Nuno, Neves.

20m is actually quite good then..
If you're Spreadsheet FC, I suppose...

We know our form under Lopetegui equates to at least pushing for Europe over a full season and we expect to address some of the issues that we still have over the summer...what if Neves is the difference between 6th/7th and Europe again, or 10th-12th? Because I'd value the former at more than £20m from a fan perspective.

If you're Spreadsheet FC, I suppose...

We know our form under Lopetegui equates to at least pushing for Europe over a full season and we expect to address some of the issues that we still have over the summer...what if Neves is the difference between 6th/7th and Europe again, or 10th-12th? Because I'd value the former at more than £20m from a fan perspective.
Just checked and I've only got 8 spreadsheets open atm so I have no idea what you're on about :)

Agreed on the second part but equally I'd rather he got a good move to a CL club overseas than leave on a free for a big wage to Newcastle

I think the Newcastle reporter for the Telegraph is fairly well connected. Put out a piece earlier in the week and there were 16 targets of theirs he specifically named. Neves wasn't on there.

Barcelona linked the other day as well. Can't see either happening tbh.

Nuno's Saudi club linked with Adama as well.

Barcelona linked the other day as well. Can't see either happening tbh.
Seriously, I don't think they can add anyone to the payroll. Projected income is way down after going out of Europe really early. LFP have it in for them and it's something like they have a €650m wage bill now, it needs to drop to €450m. Don't think any huge earners are out of contract and they also have loads of deferred pay to sort out at some point. Oh, and a ridiculous stadium rebuild which is spiralling in cost and they'll be losing a load of money while they're playing at Montjuic.

I'd suggest nearer 20 than 40 if he does. Although I still struggle to place him somewhere, obviously wants to play CL football and there isn't anyone obvious that sticks out as a good fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Liverpool: they're in desperate need of a midfield rebuild and he would be a very affordable option for them as opposed to MacAllister and Rice. Pretty sure the latter is out of contract next summer too, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Liverpool: they're in desperate need of a midfield rebuild and he would be a very affordable option for them as opposed to MacAllister and Rice. Pretty sure the latter is out of contract next summer too, though.
Arsenal are reportedly very close to signing Rice.

Liverpool want Gravenberch, they can't afford him and Neves.

Arsenal are reportedly very close to signing Rice.

Liverpool want Gravenberch, they can't afford him and Neves.

Fair comment re. Gravenberch.

I just can't see where Neves goes for CL football and starts. Probably an Italian club, but that's it. He'd be an excellent squad player for your United's and Liverpool's but I can't see him wanting to go from a guaranteed starter here to warming the bench elsewhere.

Guaranteed starter, captain, the biggest fish in the pond, where his young family are settled and with a manager who gave him his first chances in pro football.

Also you'd imagine we'll be gunning for top 7 next season.

Definitely can't see a point in letting him go for 20mill, especially if it's to a rival in this country.

It's a tough one, really: I think we will sell him if he does not want to sign a new contract, but I think the latter decision will very much depend on who is in for him and they'll have to be a CL club for his head to be turned I think.

We're probably in as good a state midfield-wise as we ever have been to let him go, at least. The idea of losing Neves and Moutinho last season was absolutely terrifying, where as this year it's more an emotional meh as opposed to a "we're completely buggered without the pair of them" meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back