• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get to a point where he's not a viable member of the squad then brilliant, but I don't think we are. I could stomach another year of Podence twatting about if it meant we upgraded say GK, CB and Striker.
For me it's pretty much where we were with Dave Edwards. He scored 10 goals in 2016/17. Thanks for that Dave, we'd probably have gone down without them.

He was quite obviously not good enough and we found some idiot to pay £1m for him. We signed far better players and won the league. If Olympiacos for example wanted to pay £10m to take Podence back I would absolutely snap their hands off.

I've long thought Hwang is a poor footballer, but you can't question his work ethic and his effort levels, just his ability. It wouldn't bother me if we got rid but it equally wouldn't bother me if we kept him as a bit part player.

Podence, on the other hand, has plenty of talent and technical ability, he just has the attitude of a complete prick and the mental ability of a bunch of rocks. He has scored a few goals, yes, but in the many, many games where he has failed to score he has actively made us worse with his moronic decision making and lack of effort.

Combine that with his histrionics and cheating he is one of the very few Wolves players I have ever completely hated. The sooner he is out of the club the better. He tarnishes the name of Wolves with his cheating every single game. I'd choose Hwang and his lack of ability 100 times out of 100 over that utter tosspot.

For me it's pretty much where we were with Dave Edwards. He scored 10 goals in 2016/17. Thanks for that Dave, we'd probably have gone down without them.

He was quite obviously not good enough and we found some idiot to pay £1m for him. We signed far better players and won the league. If Olympiacos for example wanted to pay £10m to take Podence back I would absolutely snap their hands off.
It's the signing better players bit, for me, I wouldn't want to be relying on chiquinho as who knows what he'll come back like and Campbell needs to play championship football next season.

Keeping podence de-risks that position a bit, as as bad as he is, there is a chance he'll deliver some end product.

Hopefully we'll replace him if not this summer then next

He's our top scorer in a season when we've not really had a centre forward and 5 of his 6 goals have directly contributed to points, however he has 0 league assists and doesn't really look like every providing one and plays as an individual. We need to play with a centre forward and 3 players around him who will link up with each other. He's not that man, even before you get to all the things I dislike about him. Without his goals though we'd still be in the bottom 3 as by and large they aren't ones someone else would have scored if he wasn't on the pitch

It's the signing better players bit, for me, I wouldn't want to be relying on chiquinho as who knows what he'll come back like and Campbell needs to play championship football next season.

Keeping podence de-risks that position a bit, as as bad as he is, there is a chance he'll deliver some end product.

Hopefully we'll replace him if not this summer then next
If we can't sign a better option on the left than him (and we already own Neto and Sarabia who are better, and Hwang who I don't like much as a footballer but has his value, and we could keep one or both of Giles/Ait-Nouri to play there) then the recruitment team may as well pack up and go home.

We're actually overstocked there, he's an obvious candidate to go. I don't even think Lopetegui rates him very highly, he's only started 7 out of 16 under him.

I don't like Podence and I'm not bothered if he stays or goes really. If we get a good offer for him I'd let him go but otherwise wouldn't be bothered if we kept him as a squad player. He's currently our best goal scorer but I'd hope we bring someone in who scores goals and helps others score more.

Podence to Benfica and Guedes comes home.

Sorted.

Moving on...
Trips tried getting me into the Guedes return rage trap on Saturday. It didn't work then and it won't work now :D

I'd say he has as much chance of playing for us again as Luke Matheson.

If we can't sign a better option on the left than him (and we already own Neto and Sarabia who are better, and Hwang who I don't like much as a footballer but has his value, and we could keep one or both of Giles/Ait-Nouri to play there) then the recruitment team may as well pack up and go home.

We're actually overstocked there, he's an obvious candidate to go. I don't even think Lopetegui rates him very highly, he's only started 7 out of 16 under him.
That's fair, I was thinking he could play right sided forward too but he doesn't play there much at all.

He was quite obviously not good enough and we found some idiot to pay £1m for him.

I still can’t believe this happened. I thought we were stuck with him forever.

Nah, was a free kick vs Southend. April 97.

The Cov goal was Nov 95.

1hr 12 mins on here.

It's a good strike with some astonishingly weird goalkeeping. Where are you standing mate?

An assist in each of the prior two games against Reading and Norwich too.

He was never that bad....

Don't start me, my friend :D

That’s the crux of it, Ferguson, Doherty, Podence and many more - they are just lazy fuckers. Flap their fucking arms when the ball passes then and look at someone else to blame. I’m reallly not keen on Hwang but at least he fucking tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back