• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced (and I know @Elephant Pyjamas is too) that they made a similar error when we played Everton away in 2019/20. Sigurdsson was definitely offside on his goal, they didn't check it properly at all, and conveniently never showed proper replays of it. Went under the radar though as it's Everton vs Wolves.

Very possible for sure, I can’t remember but I guess that game wasn’t televised? Way more eyes on the Liverpool one. Plus they’ve shown they have all the audio etc so they kind of have to be more transparent these days maybe?

This was the fag end of 2019/20, post-Lockdown 1. Was the first game back.

Sheff Utd were competing with us around the fringes of Europe that season.

Very possible for sure, I can’t remember but I guess that game wasn’t televised? Way more eyes on the Liverpool one. Plus they’ve shown they have all the audio etc so they kind of have to be more transparent these days maybe?
Nope, was live on Sky, watched it at my Dad's

It was but it wasn't replayed as you are suggesting for the Liverpool game.

I’m not suggesting it should be replayed, just saying it’s a massive error so deserves more coverage and spotlight than others and it isn’t just because it’s Liverpool

It’ll get more coverage anyway because it’s Liverpool but I do think the manner of this cock up is so monumentally bad that it does deserve it.
Sorry my mistake. I thought you were advocating a replay as Klopp was suggesting.

Very first game of Project Restart. Sheffield United went the following season, it was Villa that went on to stay up on goals scored/difference at the end of the restart season and have never looked back

Very first game of Project Restart. Sheffield United went the following season, it was Villa that went on to stay up on goals scored/difference at the end of the restart season and have never looked back
Well, I mean they kind of have, they've sacked two managers since that game and wasted loads of money on shit players :D

They're a decent team right now with a decent manager but they aren't light years ahead of us like our fans handwring about.

Well, I mean they kind of have, they've sacked two managers since that game and wasted loads of money on shit players :D

They're a decent team right now with a decent manager but they aren't light years ahead of us like our fans handwring about.
They'd have been hamstrung by FFP if they went down and it would have been difficult for them to bounce straight back up. They weren't getting anywhere near £100m for Grealish at that point either.

I don’t exactly know why, but all this multi-country hosting does my head in.

Korea + Japan, Australia + NZ; that sort of combo makes sense. This crap is just bald-faced marketing bile.

Part of the charm of previous tournaments was that they carried a theme of the country which was hosting and also fans of various nations would come together to enjoy (not in a chair throwing, drunken way) coming together and the host country's culture would play a big part - think Mexico 86, Italia 90, Japan/South Korea 2002, South Africa 2010, and Brazil 2014 for instance.

Apparently Turkey and Italy are planning a joint bid for Euro 2032

Part of the charm of previous tournaments was that they carried a theme of the country which was hosting and also fans of various nations would come together to enjoy (not in a chair throwing, drunken way) coming together and the host country's culture would play a big part - think Mexico 86, Italia 90, Japan/South Korea 2002, South Africa 2010, and Brazil 2014 for instance.

Apparently Turkey and Italy are planning a joint bid for Euro 2032
That Italy/Turkey makes no sense.
Some combo of Italy, Swiss, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia or summat.
Turkey a bit more problematic to match up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back