• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my point.

Good luck playing matches in Morocco in June/July, Southern Spain won’t be much fun either. Absolutely all games in that area need a 8-9pm kick off and afternoon matches in northern Spain and Porto.

My childhood memories have our games in 82 as being mainly at tea time in the group stage and then later in the weird 3 team play off

We definitely didn't have any daytime games in Italia 90 (there were some but none of the England ones). If memory serves when we played Tunisia in Marseille in 1998 it was ridiculously hot. And wasn't the game vs Italy in 2014 literally in a tropical jungle? Thanks FIFA.

Had to have been some proper scorchers in '94 as well I would have thought. Certainly the US is capable of unhealthy heat at that time of year (depending where you are in this ridiculous place).

Had to have been some proper scorchers in '94 as well I would have thought. Certainly the US is capable of unhealthy heat at that time of year (depending where you are in this ridiculous place).
Not least the final in Pasadena

I remember I went to Madrid in early September 2005. Hit 40 degrees while I was over there. Did the Bernabeu tour one day and walked round the pitch, fair to say I could see why they didn't have many 3pm kick offs.

And I went to Galicia in 2006 and it was like being in Wales with all the rain and cool temperatures and Scotland with people in kilts playing in bagpipes whilst Southern Spain was enjoying a heatwave

And I went to Galicia in 2006 and it was like being in Wales with all the rain and cool temperatures and Scotland with people in kilts playing in bagpipes whilst Southern Spain was enjoying a heatwave

Yeah if they play games in Vigo or La Coruna or even Porto they’re far better suited to earlier kick offs, even San Sebastián or Bilboa, hotter but manageable

We definitely didn't have any daytime games in Italia 90 (there were some but none of the England ones). If memory serves when we played Tunisia in Marseille in 1998 it was ridiculously hot. And wasn't the game vs Italy in 2014 literally in a tropical jungle? Thanks FIFA.
I know it was hot at the England games in Caliagri so doubted your post and thought they must have been daytime. I've checked and it was 9pm kick offs. The two or three hours we were kettled in a car park before the game without access to anything to drink didn't help.

To sum up temperature as we speak in Agadir is 30 degrees and drops to about 28 by 9pm and it’s early October.

My childhood memories have our games in 82 as being mainly at tea time in the group stage and then later in the weird 3 team play off
Definitely remember running home from school for the France game and getting in just before kick off. Good job considering Robson’s goal was after a few seconds. I think we were at school until 345 in those days. Was it the Kuwait game where the game was delayed due to a row about something?

Definitely remember running home from school for the France game and getting in just before kick off. Good job considering Robson’s goal was after a few seconds. I think we were at school until 345 in those days. Was it the Kuwait game where the game was delayed due to a row about something?
25th June 1982, we were on holiday on the South Coast (schools didn't care back then). Kids weren't allowed in pubs in those days, but they had an annexe on the side that they could go in with a TV. Spain were playing Northern Ireland and I wanted to watch it. The 9 year old me went up to the only other person in there who was about 12 and asked if I could turn the tele over. "No I'm watching Fame". Always hated that fucking programme

16 year old me had a Physics GCSE exam (triple science nonsense) at the same time as that Tunisia game, I attended the exam, literally just wrote my name, and then left the hall and ran home.

What an idiot!!

Missed about 15 mins of the game.

Got an F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back