• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't look like we've heard the last of this. Not sure what actual options they actually have though.
I think that’s really admirable, though I’m not sure how we can replay the whole FA cup 2022 / 23 schedule now. What? Oh, right, not that particular breach of ‘sporting integrity’ then. Just this one…

It should hopefully bring PGMOL to a tipping point where they have to make changes. They should really just sack all of PGMOL and replace them with competent officials. I know that wont/can't happen, but it should.

It should hopefully bring PGMOL to a tipping point where they have to make changes. They should really just sack all of PGMOL and replace them with competent officials. I know that wont/can't happen, but it should.
Where are these "competent officials" going to come from?

In all fairness, fuck Liverpool. They’ve gained plenty out of VAR against us alone and were never bothered then. If they’d won they wouldn’t give a shit.
And fuck the media, it’s outrage when it happens to the Sky teams but fuck the runts who make up the numbers and get fucked by VAR regularly.
I fucking hate the game these days.

In all fairness, fuck Liverpool. They’ve gained plenty out of VAR against us alone and were never bothered then. If they’d won they wouldn’t give a shit.
And fuck the media, it’s outrage when it happens to the Sky teams but fuck the runts who make up the numbers and get fucked by VAR regularly.
I fucking hate the game these days.
Excellent ranting sir.

There's a fair bit to learn from that in terms of the language, too casual from both the ref and the VAR. Need to standardise the communication even if that's stating the obvious. Not surprised it doesn't already happen though

"Well done boys, good process"

Then the panic sets in

There's a fair bit to learn from that in terms of the language, too casual from both the ref and the VAR. Need to standardise the communication even if that's stating the obvious. Not surprised it doesn't already happen though
Sounds a mess with no clear communication, as you said no standardisation or process.
Hate to bring up rugby but the final communication is referee repeating the decision back to the tmo, something like "I am fine to award the try?".
No clear definite direction here at all.

Sounds a mess with no clear communication, as you said no standardisation or process.
Hate to bring up rugby but the final communication is referee repeating the decision back to the tmo, something like "I am fine to award the try?".
No clear definite direction here at all.
That and put it on the screens, I think there's only Anfield that didn't have them last season, presumably you can add Kenilworth Road to that. Put that on the screen with goal underneath it and the ref knows it's a mistake and asks for clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back