• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ajax v Feyernoord abandoned in 56 minute at Johan Cruyff Arena basically Ajax were getting spanked 0-3 and threw flares and various other crap onto the pitch.
The match will continue from the 56th minute behind closed doors on Wednesday.

They've gone from the frying pan to the fire in terms of awful owners.

Very sad stuff, they were in the same league as us around 15 years ago. I didn't go to Glanford Park but I know @Langers did and said it was a nice club.

Never been much of a fan of Andros Townsend as a player but he's a good guy and this kind of thing is sad to read.

You'd think someone would sign him on a short-term deal. Not PL but surely still better than a lot of Champo clubs have.

They've gone from the frying pan to the fire in terms of awful owners.

Very sad stuff, they were in the same league as us around 15 years ago. I didn't go to Glanford Park but I know @Langers did and said it was a nice club.
Poor old Scunforce.

I went, SEB and Edwards made their debuts or thereabouts
Think SEB played at home vs Palace the week before for an hour, wasn't very good and Mick said it was because he was tired from driving from Plymouth :D We lost 3-0, Kenny and I were reluctantly thinking after that game that Mick's time could be up, we were awful. On a run of P8 W0 D4 L4.

Was Dave's debut at Scunny I think.

Yes I was there also. Got there too early and spent ages sat in the car park at the retail park outside

I’d seen a soccer ball before in 2007! Once… I think…

Looking back, either Morgan was very patient or Jez managed to talk him down, but this run FFS:

Barnsley (A) L 0-1
Burnley (H) L 2-3
QPR (A) D 0-0
Leicester (H) D 1-1
Hull (A) L 0-2
Norwich (A) D 1-1
Sheff Utd (H) D 0-0
Crystal Palace (H) L 0-3
Scunthorpe (A) W 2-0
Sheff Wed (H) W 2-1
Watford (A) L 0-3
Stoke (H) L 2-4

P12 W2 D4 L6 F10 A19 Pts 10

Mick got VERY lucky to survive that as we spent loads by 2007 Champo standards that summer, a lot on shite (Eastwood, Elliott, D Ward, though we did get Jarvis and Foley too).

Also for all those (less so on here, more on Twitter/FB) who reckon the Championship is "more fun"; try watching those games back to back and telling me after that it's good.

We might be cack at the moment but I'd much rather be cack at this level.

Also for all those (less so on here, more on Twitter/FB) who reckon the Championship is "more fun"; try watching those games back to back and telling me after that it's good.

We might be cack at the moment but I'd much rather be cack at this level.
I watched Blues/QPR on Friday evening (fuck knows why I carried on watching after half time) - was dreadful stuff. I never want to go back down there

It’s a shit league and has been for as long as I can remember stretching back to the 90’s.
Give me winning 11-12 games in the PL over winning 22 games in the championship.
Most dreary thing is midweek games against a not so big club who bring about 300 fans with them.
Like the players the standard of officials is even worse remember the likes of Scott Duncan, Keith Stroud etc

Throughout history what’s our natural level?
69 seasons top tier, 49 season second tier, 6 seasons lower leagues.
From that you’d say it’s probably bottom half top flight/top 8 second tier.
Since I’ve been alive we’ve most definitely been a second tier side with this current experience a break from the normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back