• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they’re planning on showing more every Sunday plus Friday, Monday and early/late Saturday games there will barely be any 3pm Saturday games anyway

You can see how this is eventually going, an exclusive slot for every weekend game so only that game is on and gets full attention.
Friday 2000
Saturday 1230
Saturday 1500
Saturday 1730
Saturday 2000
Sunday 1200
Sunday 1430
Sunday 1630
Sunday 1930
Monday. 2000

10 slots easily fitted in, crap fixtures will get the early kick offs.

Saturday 1230 and Sunday 1200 are peak.

Can't get enough of Prem + :coffee: + Sunrise. Top shelf.

Accept, of course, this an experience unique to someone in Eastern Time.

I used to hate it when the police regularly shifted our games to 12pm on a Sunday. Pretty much always a dreadful atmosphere.

I used to hate it when the police regularly shifted our games to 12pm on a Sunday. Pretty much always a dreadful atmosphere.
Guaranteed we’d get a lot games v Palace, Burnley etc in those slots.
Don’t mind Saturday night matches as it gives you all day to do other stuff and have a Sunday to get over a crap result. Sunday nights a big no horrible time for any sport.

Even Saturday 12.30 isn't ideal. Such a rush to get there, & this seriously affects the anticipation & build up. That plays a big part in building atmosphere.
If we win it isn't so bad, as you then enjoy the post match period.

Basically the blackout needs to end as it isn't 1972. We're at late 90s music industry levels of sticking our heads in the sand.

I'll happily pay up front for an away season ticket on TV, I never go to more than one or two a season these days, I want to give you money, let me. I'm not depriving another club of my support or stealing from a TV company if you allow this, it's perverse that Alan can legally watch our game at his house in the USA on Saturday and I can't at mine, two miles from Molineux.

Then kick offs don't need to move and inconvenience people. Messing around with the times annoys me and I can walk to the ground in just over half an hour. Far worse for the many, many fans we have (loads on here) who have to travel in from further away. It's pretty rich of people who never go who want everything to switch around for their armchair watching benefit and fuck the people who actually spend money on attending (not so much on here but this mindset is prevalent now).

That watching Wolves is comparatively so easy for me is truly bonkers.

Reactions: b3h
If they’re planning on showing more every Sunday plus Friday, Monday and early/late Saturday games there will barely be any 3pm Saturday games anyway
There's 3 games this Sunday at 2pm, none of which are on tele. Make those TV games and you don't have to mess around with more.

There's 3 games this Sunday at 2pm, none of which are on tele. Make those TV games and you don't have to mess around with more.

Very good point, unfortunately common sense doesn’t seem to come into it at all

The concern with making all those extra games live on Sunday means extra money in the pocket for the teams in European competition as they automatically get a TV fee after every round of matches.

As others have said 1500 Saturday blackout is very outdated especially when so many watch the games through unorthodox means shall we say anyway.
The way in which you have to pay subscriptions now is out of date.
Someone will probably tell me how much it’s costs if you want to watch all live football over a season in the Uk. I knows it’s not cheap at all.

The one team season ticket is inevitable, just a matter of when.

Stupid that I am the other side of the planet and can watch any premier league match I want live. Every single one. Sure it involves a lot of lost sleep but I can see every minute of every wolves game. But in Wolverhampton you can’t easily see the away games. Madness.

Reactions: b3h
The concern with making all those extra games live on Sunday means extra money in the pocket for the teams in European competition as they automatically get a TV fee after every round of matches.
PL were on about doing this from next season. All games moved to a Sunday due to Europe to be shown live (presume on Sky)

Meanwhile, the Crown Prince is out here literally saying that "sportswashing will continue" if it "raises profit by even 1%".

He just said the word. Out loud. In an interview.

Meanwhile, the Crown Prince is out here literally saying that "sportswashing will continue" if it "raises profit by even 1%".

He just said the word. Out loud. In an interview.
It's fucking outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back