• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Everton fans claiming it’s not so bad because Sevilla won the Europa league last season. Had to point out the entire squad was then up for sale and they’ve lost all three league games this season

You can’t outlaw sale and leaseback. It’s a standard commercial deal. You can outlaw massively overvaluing a stadium in your accounts which is what both those clubs did

I guess the sale means Everton aren't going to get slapped by FFP. I can't see 777 buying the club with that on the horizon.

I guess the sale means Everton aren't going to get slapped by FFP. I can't see 777 buying the club with that on the horizon.
It won't bother them if they aren't looking to invest in the playing squad.

Seek doing a fucking lot of heavy lifting. I assume it’s rewritten the Sale of Goods Act at the same time?

I think the key is the regulation stopping the method being used to inject funds into the club to get around FFP. It’s rather more silent about using it to strip cash OUT of a business as you can’t stop someone selling what they own.

Last edited:
The deal will take several months to conclude and I would hazard a guess that the eventual purchase price will be affected by what happens in October. They aren't off the hook yet and neither should they be. If you need an example of a club spending and operating well beyond their means, this is a classic case. The fact they are so shit after spending so much money is the amusing part.

PS. Watch the arrows fly if it emerges Kenwright stays on the Board.

The deal will take several months to conclude and I would hazard a guess that the eventual purchase price will be affected by what happens in October. They aren't off the hook yet and neither should they be. If you need an example of a club spending and operating well beyond their means, this is a classic case. The fact they are so shit after spending so much money is the amusing part.

PS. Watch the arrows fly if it emerges Kenwright stays on the Board.
Yeah, it could end up like the 49ers takeover of Leeds. Was months, even years in the making, price was all agreed but before it actually went through they got relegated. So the price dropped from £400m to £170m.

Yeah, it could end up like the 49ers takeover of Leeds. Was months, even years in the making, price was all agreed but before it actually went through they got relegated. So the price dropped from £400m to £170m.
Part of the game. Get the thing under contract for an agreed price and then during due diligence, find all kinds of reasons to barter down the price so that financing becomes easier to obtain.

You'd think Fosun would pay heed while they're playing chicken with our Premier League status but apparently not.

Torygraph reporting the next TV deal to include Sunday kick offs of 12.00, 14.00, 16.30 and 18.30.

Fuck that.

Yep 25% more live games. They could do it most weeks by just spreading out the EL teams.

I went to that Tranmere game.

Couldn't find our seats because it appeared they'd recycled the seats from elsewhere and not put them in any sort of order with random numbers all over the place. Only other thing I can remember of that game was Albion loanee Luke Daniels in goal from Tranmere.

Oxford need a new ground as the Kassam is a) shit b) not theirs and c) probably going to be converted to housing when the lease runs out.

You're always going to get some proper NIMBY complaints along the way but this one truly takes the crown:

Screenshot-2023-09-19-212016.jpg

For the whole TV thing would it not be a decent compromise to just stop having PL games on at 3pm on a Saturday? You can have a 12.30 and a 5.30 like they do now and then an early and late Sunday game (Chuck a Friday/Monday one in if you like too) with the rest played at 3 on a Sunday instead. That way they can all be televised and we protect the weird blackout rule as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back