• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their fans have been VERY quiet all of a sudden with their "Dingle Watch" bullshit on their forums.

I really don't want Derby to go under, but I'll be livid if my council tax is used to buy the ground off multi millionaire Mel Morris

The interview article with Mike Dean on the BBC sport website makes him look an even bigger prick than he is on the pitch.

An arrogant bellend of a man.

The bullshit about going to bed at 3AM and getting back up again at 5 was a particular lowlight.

From a previous interview:

Dean, who admits to being a tad arrogant on the pitch, spoke about his famous stepovers during games.
"I do come across like a showman,'' he said. "If the ball comes towards me I will let it go through my legs. I love a step-over.

Bigger cock than the "140,000 chickens I used to kill every day"

Probably asked himself "are Southampton an actual team or just one made up by the Media to lose games 9-0 every now and again"

I know you shouldn’t read the replies, I did, and there’s a lot of people having a go at baddiel for his blacking up putting a pineapple on his head and taking the piss out of Jason lee.
Best comment,
“Now we know why Le Tissier only got 9 tinfoil hats playing for England”

Which is a fair comment.
If he'd done it in 2022 not 1994. Wasn't even commented on at the time, the perceived bullying for him being shit was what got the focus.

He has apologised on more that one occasion and said it was racist. People posting it below anything he says on Twitter in an attempt to devalue his point invariably about anti semitism is tiresome bollocks.

If he'd done it in 2022 not 1994. Wasn't even commented on at the time, the perceived bullying for him being shit was what got the focus.

He has apologised on more that one occasion and said it was racist. People posting it below anything he says on Twitter in an attempt to devalue his point invariably about anti semitism is tiresome bollocks.
"Perceived"?

I don't think Baddiel is racist, not one bit, but the "it was a different time" argument is a very weak one, and one used to defend Churchill, slavery, Dave Whelan ;) and all other sorts of acts down the years.

Last edited:
To put it in some kind of context Baddiel’s show was closer in time to The Black and White Minstrel Show than the current day by more than be a decade.

"Perceived"?

I don't think Baddiel is racist, not one bit, but the "it was a different time" argument is a very weak one, and one used to defend Churchill, slavery, Dave Whelan ;) and all other sorts of acts down the years.
I disagree, I think it's grossly unfair to judge behaviour without considering the socially acceptable norms of the time. I bet if people were honest the vast majority on here in their late 40s or older used a certain phrase for the corner shop. I did. Yes it was racist, no I wouldn't use it now, but it was the norm, it was just what most people called it. I also used the phrase Whelan did as it was the general word used.

That's not defending him, times change and most importantly people grow, or should do. His age isn't an excuse for him using it when he did, but it is for him using it in the 80s.

I disagree, I think it's grossly unfair to judge behaviour without considering the socially acceptable norms of the time. I bet if people were honest the vast majority on here in their late 40s or older used a certain phrase for the corner shop.
Our local shop, everyone greeted the owner with the same name and he responded to it like it was ok (it was the use of a the "P" word before his actual name). Makes me shudder to think it happened really and that was 80's early 90's

Agreed. An old friend of mine (Robert) was known to everyone, and would introduce himself as chalkie. Another schoolfried was imaginatively called bruno, and again he adopted the name directly.
Like @Kenny it makes me shudder now. When I think of some events, it almost makes my skin crawl.
I am definitely not the same person I was back then, and would give myself a fucking slap and a half. And twat that I was back then, I would probably view the current me negatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back