• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No joy for Charlotte this week, lost 2-0 at Philadelphia and didn't really lay a glove on them.

Philly are expected to challenge for the Supporter's Shield (most points accrued over the regular season) so it wasn't an unexpected result. In fact, we managed to keep them at bay aside from one moment of really poor defending and one nightmare pass from Kahlina that left the Union with an open goal to tap into.

Still, we're 5 points clear of the Wooden Spoon, so that's a win for me!
Who's up next? Would you consider going to an away game? Appreciate that isn't as easy in the US as it is here btw...

Who's up next? Would you consider going to an away game? Appreciate that isn't as easy in the US as it is here btw...
Next up is Atlanta at home. Might be a bit much to expect a win but we should absolutely take a point minimum given we're at home and played well against them in the reverse.

Away games are tough, Atlanta and DC are closest to us and they're a 4 and 6 hour drive (one way), respectively.

I'll probably make it to Wolves (I'm starting to think that the gov't here has lost my passport application altogether) before a proper away day for CLT.

Next up is Atlanta at home. Might be a bit much to expect a win but we should absolutely take a point minimum given we're at home and played well against them in the reverse.

Away games are tough, Atlanta and DC are closest to us and they're a 4 and 6 hour drive (one way), respectively.

I'll probably make it to Wolves (I'm starting to think that the gov't here has lost my passport application altogether) before a proper away day for CLT.
Got to be a cheap flight available to Atlanta? Seems like every single flight I’ve ever taken in the South goes through there.

Get yourself to Miami away. Cheap flights, likely win, laugh at Phil Neville and will get 5 mins of Campana.

Get yourself to Miami away. Cheap flights, likely win, laugh at Phil Neville and will get 5 mins of Campana.
Phil ain't surviving til we play Miami, at this rate.

As for flying to Atlanta, @Tredman, you're absolutely right, Delta hub there so easy to find flights in and out. Unfortunately ticket prices still push in multiple hundreds of dollars which is just tough to justify right now. Not when I have a flight to the Black Country to be saving for!

Phil ain't surviving til we play Miami, at this rate.

As for flying to Atlanta, @Tredman, you're absolutely right, Delta hub there so easy to find flights in and out. Unfortunately ticket prices still push in multiple hundreds of dollars which is just tough to justify right now. Not when I have a flight to the Black Country to be saving for!
Really? Thought it would be way cheaper than that, I’m sure (pre Covid) I paid less than $100 from Charleston to Atlanta.

Really? Thought it would be way cheaper than that, I’m sure (pre Covid) I paid less than $100 from Charleston to Atlanta.
Wish I knew more about the reasons why that might be, unfortunately the cheapest I can spot at the moment is still ~$300.

Compared to driving into Atlanta it's probably still worth it!

Not going to lie I'm properly invested in Charlotte now. Need to watch a live match or 3. If they sign Jack Price I'm all in.
I’d be in heaven. Pricey is proper settled in Colorado, though. Real second home for him.

There are certainly a few Portuguese wingers who have played for Wolves that CLT could desperately use…

Is the Atlanta game likely to be a big attendance with it being a bit of a derby then?

I certainly hope so! Atlanta has always treated Charlotte like a little brother so I would love for us to shut them up (and it was an attendance record Atlanta set that we broke on opening night, so there’s some immediate spice).

I hope we smack them.

I certainly hope so! Atlanta has always treated Charlotte like a little brother so I would love for us to shut them up (and it was an attendance record Atlanta set that we broke on opening night, so there’s some immediate spice).

I hope we smack them.
Okay so I now hate Atlanta. Josef Martínez can get in the bin.

I’d be in heaven. Pricey is proper settled in Colorado, though. Real second home for him.

There are certainly a few Portuguese wingers who have played for Wolves that CLT could desperately use…
Not Portuguese but you could probably get Ola John...

Okay so I now hate Atlanta. Josef Martínez can get in the bin.
You'll be happy to know that he hasn't been the same since returning from injury.

For a while there you wouldn't have bet against him getting a hat trick against anyone.

That's them done now. Both West Mids derbies went the right way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back