• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "community" of Chelsea might need to be taken into consideration more though...and I live close enough to it. Battersea, Chelsea and Kensington doesn't have many people you'd feel sorry for
True enough. Still though, there's generations of Chelsea fans who haven't done anything wrong, there were literally no rules when Abramovich bought the club (other than you can't own more than one), that's families who are being potentially fucked up. So while it could happen (doubt it) and I give less than zero fucks about Abramovich himself, I couldn't ever actively wish it to happen.

They really need at least some form of contingency in place before the licence ends on 31 May. It certainly is encouraging that Candy (should he be chosen) is willing to cover running costs if the cash in bank runs out between now and a takeover occuring.

The one thing I definitely DO NOT want is a takeover by "Saudi Media Group". Sportswashing needs to end.

Sounds to me reading that article that all the charges are directly against the Cardoza family rather than Northampton Town itself. Does still leave them with a half-finished stand though. I assume the club is in other hands now though?

It is.

The whole thing was always massively bent, I'm fairly sure the new stand (the old one wasn't even 20 years old, and Northampton have never filled Sixfields regularly since they moved there) is smaller than the one they replaced, with added restricted views. As you will know having been there, there is limited scope to do anything around the ground, whether they own the land or not. It's not an area you would choose to visit just for basic leisure needs.

I did enjoy that League Cup tie when Akinfenwa was up front for them. Properly fun night out but the ground is in a totally crap place really.

I did enjoy that League Cup tie when Akinfenwa was up front for them. Properly fun night out but the ground is in a totally crap place really.
It was fine when you got your double steakasaurus or whatever the fuck it was from the pub by the ground

My father in law is a Chelsea fan, comes from down south. He's just turned 70, he's just sad about the whole thing. If he was at the games he wouldn't be chanting Abrahamovic's name, he think it's terrible what's happening in Ukraine.

He was in the marines when he was younger and was quite intimidating when my wife and I first got together. When Chelsea won the champions League the first time in 2012, he phoned me and he was so excited, he knew I liked football and he obvs didn't have anyone to talk to about it, it kind of broke the ice between us. Usually I fucking love it when they lose, so I can rub it in, when it's us beating them it's absolutely marvelous. But this whole situation goes beyond that though, I just feel sorry for him.

If the players are that bothered they could pool together and charter their own jet. The Athletic has it estimated at around £40,000 for a domestic flight with a capacity of 50. Loads of their first team squad are on more than £100,000 a week.

I think if I was on £100k+ p/w and my option was to either pay a few thousand and get a flight or sit on a horrible bus for half a day then I’d just get the flight. I’d probably pay the 40k on my own rather than get the bus. Also could get the train for a couple of hundred quid as well which would be infinitely better than the coach.

Chicago Cubs owners confirm they will be part of a group submitting a bid for Chelsea on Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back