• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

If anybody cares.

Our GK, Kristijan Kahlina, came over from Ludogorets. He's basically a diet Sa, absolutely nuts with his positioning and goes AWOL at weird moments, but great kicking and shot stopping.

If anybody cares.

Our GK, Kristijan Kahlina, came over from Ludogorets. He's basically a diet Sa, absolutely nuts with his positioning and goes AWOL at weird moments, but great kicking and shot stopping.
Is that a purpose built stadium or is it converted from summat else? How big was the crowd?

If anybody cares.

Nice build up to the first Charlotte goal.

Looks like a really good atmosphere as well, good 'limbs' for all 3 goals. Where in the ground is your season ticket?

I’m in the supporters section, right behind the goal Swiderski scored the opener on. Got showered in tons of Modelo 😂

Is that a purpose built stadium or is it converted from summat else? How big was the crowd?
BoA is shared by the Panthers and CLTFC. Crowd last night was just under 40k IIRC.

Bloody hell 40,000, is that usual in the MLS?
Somewhere between 30k and 40k IIRC.

For the inaugural home match we managed to fill out the full 75k; unsurprisingly, that won't be the norm.

Somewhere between 30k and 40k IIRC.

For the inaugural home match we managed to fill out the full 75k; unsurprisingly, that won't be the norm.
I know it's nigh on impossible to identify a typical Amercian given the melting pot of cultures, but are the crowds more from Central and South American heritage or is it more widespread than that? How would it compare versus an NFL crowd in the same city for instance?

I know it's nigh on impossible to identify a typical Amercian given the melting pot of cultures, but are the crowds more from Central and South American heritage or is it more widespread than that? How would it compare versus an NFL crowd in the same city for instance?
Gonna vary a lot from city to city.

To illustrate your point, many of the chants we use at matches are sung in Spanish. You wouldn't catch that level of Latino inclusion at a Panthers game, I would bet.

To illustrate your point, many of the chants we use at matches are sung in Spanish. You wouldn't catch that level of Latino inclusion at a Panthers game, I would bet.
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with it mate, pleased for you.
It's great you've got some proper culture out the in the sticks of the colonies😃

“equipo defensor, equipo defensor, equipo defensor” I’m guessing then ;)

I appreciate that nobody has pointed out that the standard of defending on display from New England was (generously) League One standard.

Omar Gonzalez is proper terrible.

I’m in the supporters section, right behind the goal Swiderski scored the opener on. Got showered in tons of Modelo 😂
Alan, is that you to the right of the goal (as the camera is pointing) about 10 rows from the front?

Alan, is that you to the right of the goal (as the camera is pointing) about 10 rows from the front?
Close but unfortunately no, I was about 20 rows up on the opposite side. So same corner of the goal that the first went in on. I haven’t been able to pick myself out of the highlights.

Euro 2028 will be in the UK and Ireland as nobody else has bid. 32 of UEFA's 55 affiliates will be competing.

I assume that would be 12 stadiums, but Molineux would be unlikely with I'm guessing a minimum of 4 being outside of England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back