• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presume they'll be playing their remaining games at Stamford Bridge behind closed doors then?

"Chelsea FC recognises that such an outcome would have a huge impact on Middlesbrough and its supporters, as well as our own fans who have already bought the limited number of tickets that were sold before the licence was imposed, but we believe this is the fairest way of proceeding in the current circumstances."

For their home games they should allow tickets to be given to away clubs who can only charge an admin fee to distribute. An allocation capped at their rate of season ticket holders compared to the total of home seats available would be fair for both sides.

Chelsea should be allowed to distribute 1000 tickets for each away game FOC.

They should sell the tickets, but give the cash (after costs) to the treasury.

Therefore nationalising football. ;)

All the whining from Chelsea fans is rather sickening - they have had years of exploiting money stolen from the Russian people.

Just when you think you can’t dislike a team more they behave like Violet Elizabeth. Let them scream and scream until they’re sick. Hopefully they’ll choke on it!

All the whining from Chelsea fans is rather sickening - they have had years of exploiting money stolen from the Russian people.
So it would appear they wanted no home Boro fans to equate against hardly any away fans, but are happy with the "sporting integrity" of having 25k or so home STHs at all their home games with NO away fans.

Fuck off and die Chelsea. I hope you are liquidated.

We'll have nobody left to play soon if all the sides you want to go bust cease to exist. 2 in 48 hours

Chelsea have withdrawn their request for a No Chelsea fans, no party rule

A fine afternoon for their PR department

Abramovic sanctioned by the EU. Their sanctions aren’t to freeze assets but to seize them. Chelsea team bus in Lille could be rather vulnerable.

Us being on the brink of extinction (the second time) is marginally before my time, nevertheless knowing what that would have done to the community and the city as a whole, I could never wish that on any other club. Even one that is patently full of cunts like Bolton.

I can never bring myself to actively want another club to go bust. Many of us should be able to empathise with fans of other clubs in such a position given what we went though in the mid eighties.
edit cross posted with DW.

I see a newspaper has described Chelsea's drive to Boro will be a gruelling 10 hours. Poor chaps can't fly up as they can't afford it.

They travelling up in a bus rejected by Banga Buses in Wolverhampton? Gruelling...read the fucking room lads.

You are of course correct. All of you. Liquidation is too extreme. However, Chelsea need to be passed into other (responsible) hands very quickly indeed. This licence situation cannot last very long.

In terms of Everton, I think relegation will result in a complete financial re-set, should it happen. I am confident that they would survive but probably in a very different form.

If the players are that bothered they could pool together and charter their own jet. The Athletic has it estimated at around £40,000 for a domestic flight with a capacity of 50. Loads of their first team squad are on more than £100,000 a week.

Us being on the brink of extinction (the second time) is marginally before my time, nevertheless knowing what that would have done to the community and the city as a whole, I could never wish that on any other club. Even one that is patently full of cunts like Bolton.
The "community" of Chelsea might need to be taken into consideration more though...and I live close enough to it. Battersea, Chelsea and Kensington doesn't have many people you'd feel sorry for (I jest, for clarity)

Kai Havertz said in the press conference that he was prepared to pay for the travel personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back