• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not news, but reading this makes me hate these 2 clubs more than ever. The owners of both should be banned forever from owning clubs in the PL. I have no illusions that our Chinese owners are totally guilt free, but at least there is no actual proof that they are complete scum.

In other news, Newcastle's new owners beheaded 81 people today, but yea that's fine, according to everyone, because none of their mates are waging a war, killing civilians and laying waste to an entire country, oh hang on...

If somebody can enlighten me here, caught the back end of a conversation on Sky News regarding China joining forces with Russia and if so they said the same sanctions the Russians have had over here should be fiercely used over here with Chinese money. Now that certainly is fucking scary for us.

We'll be fine, they don't give us any money to spend anyway

We'll be fine, they don't give us any money to spend anyway
This is it really. We no longer owe them a penny. The club generates profit on its own when we're not in a global pandemic. They don't own the land on which the stadium sits. They haven't funded us externally for ages.

So even if all Chinese businesses got immediately sanctioned it wouldn't really matter, beyond us needing new owners. Pretty sure there'd be plenty of takers for us at a (relatively) knockdown price.

Reactions: jlo
Quite. We would be rather more appealing to Ratcliffe or someone like that with no owner debt

Chelsea want their game v Boro played behind closed doors as they can't sell any tickets so think in fairness no Boro fans should be able to attend.

FA set to tell them to fook off (they will have some fans there as 600 or so tickets sold before sanctions).

They have also asked the Government if they can give away tickets, which would be pretty decent but the Government have put them on their ignore list.

Chelsea request that their FA Cup quarter-final against Middlesbrough away is played behind closed doors as they can't sell tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back