• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought something similar when I saw some of the gloating
I wondered about this as soon as Russian sanctions were mooted. Guess China will be following this very closely, hopefully the response to Russias invasion will make them think long and hard about trying to take back Taiwan

I bet Macquarie are sliding into Chelsea's DMs
They wouldn't be able to loan them money. Where would it go?

The PL can pay them what they're (eventually) contractually due though.

I don't like Chelsea or their fans but this does seem a bit unfair. Why not just nationalise it and then sell. I'd be well pissed off if this happened to Wolves because of something Xi Jinping did.

I wondered about this as soon as Russian sanctions were mooted. Guess China will be following this very closely, hopefully the response to Russias invasion will make them think long and hard about trying to take back Taiwan
They won't, the world supply chain relies on China far more than Russia

They won't, the world supply chain relies on China far more than Russia
Yeah but it works both ways, if their lucrative western markets were cut off, their industrial output would struggle?

Yeah but it works both ways, if their lucrative western markets were cut off, their industrial output would struggle?
Decent bit of truth to that, but the balance feels far more in their favour than ours.

I'm not sure if people have read what Xi Jinping has said in the past, but I've got personal ties to Taiwan and the CCP always said they'd take Taiwan back before/during their 100th year, which technically has now passed (July 2021) but you also interpret it as before July 2022. Even if its not then, I dont think people realise just how inevitable it is. It will happen, timing is just the question (barring an overthrow of the CCP)

Decent bit of truth to that, but the balance feels far more in their favour than ours.

I'm not sure if people have read what Xi Jinping has said in the past, but I've got personal ties to Taiwan and the CCP always said they'd take Taiwan back before/during their 100th year, which technically has now passed (July 2021) but you also interpret it as before July 2022. Even if its not then, I dont think people realise just how inevitable it is. It will happen, timing is just the question (barring an overthrow of the CCP)
Tbh I'm just trying to find something to be hopeful about

Steve Gibson's going to need some new batteries for his calculator once he's finished working out how much Putin owes him for robbing Boro of Champions League football for the last 20 years. Forget Chinese mediation, the incessant whining of Gibbo might be the best hope for a cessation of hostilities.

Barclays have frozen Chelsea's bank accounts. That should be automatically administration.

Portsmouth suggests 9 points. However, it is a temporary freeze while Barclays assess the government licence. If they look at the licence and think the freeze needs to be permanent they are fucked.

What the the fuck are we doing, whatever you think of Chelsea as a club or their fans, the Premier League is one of our biggest cultural exports of which Chelsea are one of the biggest teams. All the govt talk of football clubs being an essential part of the cultural fabric of this country when they were trying to form the super League, and now they're effectively destroying one. Putin doesn't give a fuck about Chelsea football club. Just fucking seize it, sell it and give the profits to Ukrainian refugees for god's sake.

It's actually the biggest statement anyone in NATO has made in terms of shockwave in the last 3 weeks. Chelsea will be fine, their players won't leave and they'll be bought by another billionaire

Last edited:
What the the fuck are we doing, whatever you think of Chelsea as a club or their fans, the Premier League is one of our biggest cultural exports of which Chelsea are one of the biggest teams. All the govt talk of football clubs being an essential part of the cultural fabric of this country when they were trying to form the super League, and now they're effectively destroying one. Putin doesn't give a fuck about Chelsea football club. Just fucking seize it, sell it and give the profits to Ukrainian refugees for god's sake.
As it's a club that was happy to piss on others by joining a Super League excuse me if I think it's actually quite funny. Fuck them and their fans chanting Abramovich's name whilst his mate Putin is slaughtering innocent people.

As it's a club that was happy to piss on others by joining a Super League excuse me if I think it's actually quite funny. Fuck them and their fans chanting Abramovich's name whilst his mate Putin is slaughtering innocent people.
What a petty, immature, short sighted view

There are idiots in every fanbase, assuming you agree with everything Wolves fans have chanted over the years? David baddiel is a Chelsea fan, is it fuck him as well, or do you generalise about every group of people?

And as for the super League, that wasn't anything to do with the average employee or fan, it was the elites that unfortunately have too much control over the cultural institutions that are our football clubs - see Chelsea fans protests against it as evidence

Imagine Russia bankrupting Spartak Moskow over our invasion of Iraq - absolutely fucking idiocy of the highest order

I'm putting you on ignore now, life's too short to deal with fucking morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back