• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the day. My first live professional match, Charlotte's first home match, etc.

I'm a smidge giddy. Although my Moutinho shirt unfortunately did not arrive in time for today.
Excellent, have fun Alan, will be expecting a full match report with ratings and stats. Plus will want to know which of their best players we can poach in the future😁

Today is the day. My first live professional match, Charlotte's first home match, etc.

I'm a smidge giddy. Although my Moutinho shirt unfortunately did not arrive in time for today.
Enjoy Alan. 38 years since my first match which was todays fixture. Wolves won 2-1 that day (Mel Eves scoring, hence half my name here), hoping for a repeat today.

Excellent, have fun Alan, will be expecting a full match report with ratings and stats. Plus will want to know which of their best players we can poach in the future😁
If any player made the switch from Charlotte to Wolves and was successful, you'd find few people more excited about it than me.

I'd love for there to be an otherwise inexplicable relationship between the two clubs, unlikely as I know that will be. But I know MLS' place; I'll be keeping an eye on CLT's players and likely will fall in love with one and say that they're perfect for us, only for their inevitable move to somewhere in Germany to go really badly.

Apparently Chelsea fans sang Abromovich songs throughout the Ukraine applause today...football fans can be such tribal knobheads

Apparently Chelsea fans sang Abromovich songs throughout the Ukraine applause today...football fans can be such tribal knobheads
Whereas our South Bank tried to start a rendition of “Putin is a cunt”

I’m screwed then, I do it all the time.

We’re going to have to really keep an eye on him in the pub when he comes over aren’t we? Especially if he goes round flicking the V’s at everyone

We’re going to have to really keep an eye on him in the pub when he comes over aren’t we? Especially if he goes round flicking the V’s at everyone
He'll be OK, the nail varnish will just confuse people

"They've recorded combined losses of over £260m between 2017 and 2020 - £155m more than is allowed over a three-year period. No club has been found guilty of a breach yet and the club will ask for allowances to be made for COVID."

Dear PL,

Due to Covid we managed to waste a shit load of money. The Virus made us do it. It also had a severe effect on our judgement that meant we employed Rafa.
Sadly we have probably lost our Russian mate for a while so kind of need you to believe this as we really don't want games v Stoke, WBA or Rotherham next season.

The PL won't do anything unless they absolutely have to. They were happy to take Bournemouth, QPR and others on board when they flouted EFL rules. They let Portsmouth trade while insolvent for months before they took steps, and broke a load of their own rules along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back