• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I agree but clubs will be desperate for the 20/21 season to be full fixture list purely for financial reasons.

It's absolutely imperative to finish this season. If you're going to lose a season, you lose the one you haven't even started yet.

Southend’s winding up order petition Adjurned till July 22nd

Dave Kitson who absolutely isn't the Secret Footballer wants to replace Gordon Taylor at the PFA. I like his first couple of books before he went all bantz, but his casual racism on TalkSport means he'll never get that job and nor should he

Friend of mine at BBC sport reckons 'a source' says Prem will finish at St Georges Park - 3 games a day.

RIDSDALE wants to use this to correct football finances and even things out with more flow down the leagues. Do fucking fuck off.

You overpaid on fucking fish and Seth Johnson, you fucking helmet, so aren't exactly in a place to preach.

Cock.

My Beeb mate added a paragraph about how Risdale was dodgy as fuck. He rang up raging about it and the BBC caved and took the offending sentences out.

Dave Kitson who absolutely isn't the Secret Footballer wants to replace Gordon Taylor at the PFA. I like his first couple of books before he went all bantz, but his casual racism on TalkSport means he'll never get that job and nor should he

Only read the first book - absolute tabloid-fodder-esque rubbish so never bothered with any of the others.

Looks like Champions, Euro spots, relegation etc in France are being done on where you were the day the League was ended.

Looks like Champions, Euro spots, relegation etc in France are being done on where you were the day the League was ended.

The problem here is that Sheff U, Spurs, Villa and City have the game in hand.

(although saying that Strasborg's game in hand against PSG could take them up 6 places with a win!)

There's not the money in French football for teams to sue given PSG have won the league

Jamie O’hara now spreading his knowledge, PL should be awarded to Liverpool and next season should be a 22 team league with no relegation this year.
Comes back to the fact if it’s totally unsafe to resume in mid to late June there’s a very good chance it’ll be unsafe in early September plus you’ve got 4 extra game days to fit in.
Again it’s this bizarre desperation to save and reward clubs that are having poor seasons.

It's not a new idea.

I can understand the no relegation part, but not the promoting Albion and Leeds element. Fulham are 6 and 7 points behind and have both to play. If teams aren't relegated based on it being unfair to guess the outcome why is it fair to guess that of promotion?

It's not a new idea.

I can understand the no relegation part, but not the promoting Albion and Leeds element. Fulham are 6 and 7 points behind and have both to play. If teams aren't relegated based on it being unfair to guess the outcome why is it fair to guess that of promotion?

If people are desperate to keep the calendar intact and demanding a cancelling of the season because more things are far more important, then tell them that it’s all going to be done by PPG.
You’ll then see who is genuine and who was doing things for self interest.

I don't get the clamour to start over again. Next season can wait. Arguments over what was fair or otherwise will go on and on for years. Any side denied a position they're chasing - be it promotion, play offs, safety from relegation - will be pissed if they're denied that purely due to a clamour to begin a season that has not even started yet.

No matter what happens, normality might not happen for years in many walks of life/business. Football needs to deal with these things in the correct way in the safest timescale possible.

Every fool going down that line seems to be assuming that Coronavirus is going to pack its bags and fuck off to suit a football calendar. Finish 19-20 as you can. 20-21 is unlikely to exist.

Every fool going down that line seems to be assuming that Coronavirus is going to pack its bags and fuck off to suit a football calendar. Finish 19-20 as you can. 20-21 is unlikely to exist.

This epidemic isn't going to end that quickly (even if things loosen up a bit) - just need to get this season finished in one way or another (closed doors/neutral grounds/1 month concentrated at a single venue/whatever) & if the 20/21 season has to be truncated (no League Cup or other options to reduce the number of games) as a result then so be it - everyone will at least start at the same point.

Well if you're a Borussia Munchengladbach fan you can get a cardboard cutout of yourself put in the stands for ~€20...

Well if you're a Borussia Munchengladbach fan you can get a cardboard cutout of yourself put in the stands for ~€20...

If Wolves do that will they remove 60% of them from the North Bank after 80 mins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back