• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah yes, i was at that game! His kicking was really crap! Williams would have been sent off for that now.

"The full-blooded derby took another bizarre turn in the closing seconds when a Wolves fan ran onto the pitch from the John Ireland stand and handed Albion captain Graham Roberts a carrot."

Remember that too, everyone was wondering what the hell he was doing!

Running from JI Stand to the pitch was covering some distance. Probably set off at HT.

Didn't Andy Thompson or Keith Downing once go in goal or am I imagining it? Thommo played just about everywhere else!

This will become a long term law i'm sure. Makes the likelihood of an outfield player going in goal all the more unlikely, which i find a crying shame.

Which makes me think, when has this happened to us? Dean Richards against Stoke in the 90s (he was shit), Shackell away at Preston in the Iwelumo Hat trick and sending off game and Doherty at Norwich, anymore?

Stowell got poleaxed at Barnsley in 1997 in the build up to their goal (such an obvious foul and the ref did nothing) and it looked for a time as if Goodman would have to go in nets, we didn't have a keeper on the bench (looking through the sheets, the last time Segers was in the matchday squad was at home to Bolton in early October, after that we didn't bother and just had three outfield players). In the end though he carried on.

Ah, that day. I was convinced we were as good as up...

Also that season Bradford had to put Carl Shutt in goal after Iwan Roberts hoofed Jonathan Gould in the head. Took us ages to score past him and we only won 1-0!

Stowell got poleaxed at Barnsley in 1997 in the build up to their goal (such an obvious foul and the ref did nothing) and it looked for a time as if Goodman would have to go in nets, we didn't have a keeper on the bench (looking through the sheets, the last time Segers was in the matchday squad was at home to Bolton in early October, after that we didn't bother and just had three outfield players). In the end though he carried on.

Ah, that day. I was convinced we were as good as up...

Also that season Bradford had to put Carl Shutt in goal after Iwan Roberts hoofed Jonathan Gould in the head. Took us ages to score past him and we only won 1-0!

Paul Wilkinson twatted Stowell that day, nasty bastard, i was about 5 rows back at that one. Yep, definitely felt like we'd done it that day, Roberts and Bull combined brilliantly all game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6333VYm3QaY

Didn't Micky Quinn knock someone's teeth out too? Was that Kendall? May be miss remembering that!

Stowell also should have gone off on the opening day of 90/91 vs Oldham. Crashed into the post and was obviously not right at all. Obviously no-one ever had sub keepers then. Mind you I don't think he'd have saved the winner even if he were fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acVoCE5poFA

The absolute farce of their first goal :icon_lol:

Ah yes, i was at that game! His kicking was really crap! Williams would have been sent off for that now.

"The full-blooded derby took another bizarre turn in the closing seconds when a Wolves fan ran onto the pitch from the John Ireland stand and handed Albion captain Graham Roberts a carrot."

Remember that too, everyone was wondering what the hell he was doing!

The changing expressions on Roberts face as it slowly dawned on him what he had been given and its implications were a joy to watch.

Stowell also should have gone off on the opening day of 90/91 vs Oldham. Crashed into the post and was obviously not right at all. Obviously no-one ever had sub keepers then. Mind you I don't think he'd have saved the winner even if he were fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acVoCE5poFA

The absolute farce of their first goal :icon_lol:

I think I came away from that game convinced that Stowell would have saved their winner if it weren't for the injury. I think I'll change my opinion! He was only on loan at that point wasn't he?

A few Wolves fans at the front of the Away section when Bull got his second!

Nah that was his first game here permanently. He was on loan towards the end of 88/89.

Norwich away as EP said. Ikeme got sent off for pushing someone after they dived (probably) for a pen. He then blocked me on Instagram and Twitter because I said he'd let the team down being as he was now banned for Liverpool away.

didn't doherty end up in goal once?
In all his glory
a277adb66aa4e491f84cb807b170d4c9.jpg

I always said black was slimming.

Curbs probably has me blocked on Twitter too, I've slagged him off before for accepting our job then doing a 180. Not that he'd have been any good.

French Leagues ended. Government not allowing football to be played, so no choice for them.

No decision on how it will work in terms of Champions, Promotion, Relegation etc

French Leagues ended. Government not allowing football to be played, so no choice for them.

No decision on how it will work in terms of Champions, Promotion, Relegation etc

Is that due to UEFA saying that leagues must report to them by 25th May of how their seasons will end?

Think they wanted to start again but like in Holland, they can't so they are planning on the new season starting in August or September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back