• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm

So if French clubs are still not allowed to play at the time that UEFA want to finish their competitions what happens to the French teams still in Europe? Forfeits?

Hmmm

So if French clubs are still not allowed to play at the time that UEFA want to finish their competitions what happens to the French teams still in Europe? Forfeits?

"PSG confirm they would play remaining Champions League games abroad “subject to best conditions for our players and safety of our staff.”

If the quarters finals onwards are played off in a neutral city in a mini tournament as has been mooted, then wont be that much of an issue for them.

All off to Qatar in August then

Good luck playing in 40 degrees heat, looks like FIFA’s chief medical advisor has said the Premier league should be cancelled.
Some clubs are going to be massively screwed over by the looks of things, if that advice is followed.

RIDSDALE wants to use this to correct football finances and even things out with more flow down the leagues. Do fucking fuck off.

You overpaid on fucking fish and Seth Johnson, you fucking helmet, so aren't exactly in a place to preach.

Cock.

looks like FIFA’s chief medical advisor has said the Premier league should be cancelled.
Some clubs are going to be massively screwed over by the looks of things, if that advice is followed.

Yes... all the clubs who have been enjoying a good season while those who've been shit and under threat of relegation will be rubbing their hands.

I would rather finish at the halfway point as above than cancel altogether if we really cannot complete the season.

So much for all our glorious European exploits!

I think our League will carry on as it seems the Government want it to happen and if they cancel it (like the French and Dutch Governments) they will be worried that the PL will come after them for compensation.

I think the CL and EL games will be completed in neutral venues.

I think our league will start again, not sure about finish though. All it takes is one case and it collapses

Honestly think if everyone had played 29 games they may have called it as it is or be more closer to calling it that way.
That one fixture between Villa v Sheff Utd keeps everything in limbo.
Said on another thread sick of people saying “the only fair way to do things is” then coming up with a plan that benefits their club.

Honestly think if everyone had played 29 games they may have called it as it is or be more closer to calling it that way.
That one fixture between Villa v Sheff Utd keeps everything in limbo.
Said on another thread sick of people saying “the only fair way to do things is” then coming up with a plan that benefits their club.

Maybe the fairest way is to just play that game and then call the season as it is.

Could do but doubt they will, as said some clubs are going to be seriously screwed over.
My theory is why punish those who’ve had good seasons and reward those who’ve had poor seasons? Ie null and voiding

The fair thing to do is the same as it has always been. Play it out when it is safe to do so, and worry about a start date for the following season after. Those players out of contract are a fly in the ointment, but they can be given "end of season" extensions to complete. If there are players taking up contracts at new clubs who aren't able to join and aren't exactly willing to put the yards in for their current club, that's collateral damage. There is clearly no entirely perfect solution.

If they are going to have a 19 game season then it should be for what will be 2020/1 and finish this one in the Autumn. Everyone has 9 home and away games with lots on which 10 teams get the extra home game.

If they are going to have a 19 game season then it should be for what will be 2020/1 and finish this one in the Autumn. Everyone has 9 home and away games with lots on which 10 teams get the extra home game.

Can’t see that personally clubs will won’t a full fixture list to recoup
Lost finances plus tv companies won’t be paying full Wack for 50% of what they’re paying for.

Can’t see that personally clubs will won’t a full fixture list to recoup
Lost finances plus tv companies won’t be paying full Wack for 50% of what they’re paying for.
They wont pay for 25% of this season if it is cancelled either. As has been said nothing will be fair, but entering a season where you know what the rules are is fairer than having a solution retro fitted on to you.

Concluding 2019-20 is by far the priority for me, I just don't see how we (football not just Wolves) can pretend the last 8 months never happened, how is this fair to anyone not least Liverpool, Albion and Leeds fans - can't just say 'bd luck, try again next year'. Fuck 2020-21 at this point. I would bin the 2020-21 Carabao Cup for starters and FA Cup if that is allowed to concentrate on the league and getting everything back on track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back