• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were told the sentence wouldn't be suspended pending appeal iirc...

Southampton's players have agreed to defer part of their wages for April/May/June to protect the Club and staff. No staff to be furloughed in this period.

Southampton's players have agreed to defer part of their wages for April/May/June to protect the Club and staff. No staff to be furloughed in this period.

Top stuff from them. 100% wages for all staff too. Amongst all the wailing and gnashing of teeth if all the clubs had done this then there would be no need for anybody to comment on anything.

It's admirable stuff from footballers to give to the NHS but that's not what was being discussed in the first place.

The real villains of the piece are Levy, Smith, Ashley and the others that are using government schemes when they don't need to.

EFL say they need 56 days to complete their season including play offs. They are prepared to do so behind closed doors. For those that make the play off final it'll be a game every 4.5 days on average, although I'd expect it to be more like 4 with a larger gap between the last league game and the play offs.

I like that EFL have come out with a plan. Obviously they have no clue when they can start it but at least the idea is there and if the clubs agree, as soon as they know when they can start they are ready to go. As it is a set period of time, it can move along with the Governments lockdown advice.

World Cup rewind at 14.15 today on BBC 1. 5 games, including England v Cameroon 1990 and West Germany v Italy 1970.

Tomorrow at 14.00 they are showing the 1990 Semi-final v West Germany. Looks like a three hour show so I am guessing the whole original broadcast.

World Cup rewind at 14.15 today on BBC 1. 5 games, including England v Cameroon 1990 and West Germany v Italy 1970.
I had driven my sister in laws hen party to Blackpool. I watched this in a bed & breakfast on a telly that had to be topped up in 50 pence pieces

Tomorrow at 14.00 they are showing the 1990 Semi-final v West Germany. Looks like a three hour show so I am guessing the whole original broadcast.

Brilliant stuff again and good to talk to Pad as it all unfolded! The nearest thing to having a chat in a pub while watching a game.

Everton seem to lose shed loads of money each season, but still be able to sign expensive players - any idea how? Surely this must mean they should have had to reign it in a bit this season?

Everton maintain they are compliant with Financial Fair Play rules despite posting record losses of £111.9m in their 2018/19 accounts.

The Premier League club confirmed at their Annual General Meeting on Tuesday that losses had increased by £98.8m on the previous season, most of that being down to increased investment in their playing squad with the big-money signings of Richarlison, Lucas Digne and Yerry Mina and having sold Romelu Lukaku the previous season.

Everton's cumulative losses over the past three years now amount to £94.4m but that is enough to leave them compliant with the league's FFP rules.

And super jack grealish according to the football gossip on bbc yesterday

Don’t think I can watch that again think I cried myself to sleep that night.

It was a tough night. England were so much the better side and you knew the winner was going to beat Argentina in the final.

Disgusting that the Peru 1978 or Crystal Palace kit of the late 70's early 80's isn't included.

I see that they've chucked in Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea kits so that fans of those clubs fans will vote and possibly skew the result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52224708

Disgusting that the Peru 1978 or Crystal Palace kit of the late 70's early 80's isn't included.

I see that they've chucked in Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea kits so that fans of those clubs fans will vote and possibly skew the result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52224708

Can't believe they haven't included the brown Coventry away strip... It is certainly "iconic"

No Italy shirts but some Colombian monstrosity? Nonsense!

England 1990 is nice. But England 1982 is FAR more iconic. The United kit chosen was a monstrosity.

Italy 1970 kit should be in there to match the Brazil choice.

The Colombia kit is foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back