• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the obvious solution is a collaboration with the kit manufacturers to put predefined markings on all shirts next season...

But a player could wear and over or under sized shirt and then the line would be in a different position proportionally along their arm compared to where it was designed to be.

It's a nonsense idea, shirts move, how do you measure against something that could be in a different position depending on the motion of the player?

But a player could wear and over or under sized shirt and then the line would be in a different position proportionally along their arm compared to where it was designed to be.

It's a nonsense idea, shirts move, how do you measure against something that could be in a different position depending on the motion of the player?

Indeed. We only have to look at Naylor's sleeve in the 2nd picture above to see where the seam is due to the position he has taken as he drops his arm

Would you prefer they look at a line at x cm on the humerus perpendicular to the lateral epicondyle? (the bony bit of the elbow?)

That's pretty exact and could be done like the offside farce we currently have with VAR. Or we could just make it a rough judgement call?

A ball is pretty large...

You’d have no life’s where it actually hit without getting forensic (and still not accurate) which is the exact issue we don’t want. Use common sense, blatant errors corrected, the whole purpose it was introduced

A ball is pretty large...

You’d have no life’s where it actually hit without getting forensic (and still not accurate) which is the exact issue we don’t want. Use common sense, blatant errors corrected, the whole purpose it was introduced

Exactly. I can see the t-shirt rule being OK as it is a judgement call and down the the person in the middle.

Indeed. We only have to look at Naylor's sleeve in the 2nd picture above to see where the seam is due to the position he has taken as he drops his arm

You can see the seam on the shoulder and where his actual shoulder is. Also worth noting that the ball is on the deck in those pictures.

It wouldn't be hard to look on a replay to see where a T-shirt line would be. If it's too close to call then you go with the judgement of the officials.

Well, I found this funny

https://twitter.com/FootballJOE/status/1247835164564172800

Reminds of the time I played Sims and made a house with Saddam Hussain, George Best, Lucifer & Santa Claus as the residents. Santa cried when Saddam died (and this was done during my actual own time, no lockdown....what have I done with my life!!)

Well that means I am never clicking on that link. *No one* needs to see that.

c.f. our former GK

Why is Fat Sam naked ??

He has a gravy jug covering his tactical awareness...(apparently they had to add that in as a Sims pixalleted naked person = Twitter blocking the video)

Looks like Scotland are setting up to cancel the rest of their season. Celtic champions, Hearts relegated.

They look like they are going ppg. If that were to happen in the PL we'd drop to 7th and Villa would go down. I still believe it will be finished whenever though

That’s feels like a poll. Are we happy to finish 7th it it ensures villa go down?

We'd still make Europe if Man City, Leicester, Chelsea, Sheff Utd or Man Utd won the cup, and one of them is guaranteed to make the semi-finals regardless...

giphy.gif

I would assume cup gets cancelled too, so europa league place is done on league position?

Both Belgium and Scotland have indicated they'd park the remaining cup fixtures at the start of 2020/21 (whenever that is).

It's only seven games for us.

I would assume cup gets cancelled too, so europa league place is done on league position?

Doesn't matter does it? Man City will be banned from Europe next year and they won the LC so 7th gets in whatever they do with the FA Cup. It's 8th place that would get the spot.

I presume that puts us in the last qualifying round unless we win a hastily arranged one legged EL finish at a neutral venue somewhere.

Doesn't matter does it? Man City will be banned from Europe next year and they won the LC so 7th gets in whatever they do with the FA Cup. It's 8th place that would get the spot.

I presume that puts us in the last qualifying round unless we win a hastily arranged one legged EL finish at a neutral venue somewhere.

I still don’t think City will be banned next season, it’ll get suspended.

I still don’t think City will be banned next season, it’ll get suspended.
I think they'll get a one year ban in the 2021/2 season. The appeal won't happen in time then it'll be halved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back