• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s shit. Says in the near future he will be following the rules.

In the short term though he’ll be getting fucked up and driving around.

Maybe he wasn't pissed,his stupid floppy hair got in his eyes and caused the crash,then he ran away because he was wearing slippers and a bright blue hoodie

We’ve got to wait for it all to boil over?

Is it the much different to Brian Law stealing a bus? Admittedly Law didn't do during a lockdown

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-xi-england-undercapped-le-tissier

Agreed with some of those but not others.

Don't think Paul Lake ever played at LB, you can't just say "he could have played there" :icon_lol: Tony Dorigo would be a better shout there. Or even Graeme Le Saux who strangely no-one after Hoddle fancied despite him still being first choice for Chelsea.

Le Tissier probably should have featured more over the course of his career but he was no CM. Was he better than Sheringham as a link man? I would say no. Definitely not as good a goalscorer as Wright, Ferdinand or Fowler (all of whom didn't play that much). There's only one spot to partner Shearer who would play every time.

Bentley was never that good IMO and was also a complete wanker.

Wilshere went to two tournaments, he had opportunities. Didn't take many of them even if we accept that fitness has played a part.

I know Waddle got 60+ caps but Taylor ditched him for seemingly no reason when a) we were lacking in flair b) Barnes was starting to get badly injury hit c) he was absolutely on fire for Marseille. So strange.

Carrick was horribly underused by England. I daresay Defoe will wonder forever why he didn't go to the 2006 World Cup instead of Walcott. Arguably should have gone in 2004 instead of Vassell too (his weird purple patch was long gone, 3 goals in his first 5 caps pre-2002 World Cup, 3 in his following and final 17).

Hoddle always gets cited as being undercapped but he's before my time when he was at his best. Vaguely remember him in Euro 88.

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-xi-england-undercapped-le-tissier

Carrick was horribly underused by England.

Arguably should have gone in 2004 instead of Vassell too (his weird purple patch was long gone, 3 goals in his first 5 caps pre-2002 World Cup, 3 in his following and final 17).

Don't think I will ever forgive England managers for how little Carrick was used. We are still absolutely crying out for a player like him.

Sven really liked Vassell didn't he? Signed him for City and Leicester afterwards. Funny one.

Bah they should have kept it rolling. It looked like he was going back for some more after popping the ball into the empty net.

That pretty much the live stream from my garden most afternoons :(

Well get them shared! 2pm Sunday (nothing happens at 3pm in a Wolves World) and let the good people of this forum discuss the action/slag off your kids

Well get them shared! 2pm Sunday (nothing happens at 3pm in a Wolves World) and let the good people of this forum discuss the action/slag off your kids

I'm sure we could get a couple of forum members to be the VAR adjudicators

Don't think I will ever forgive England managers for how little Carrick was used. We are still absolutely crying out for a player like him.

Sven really liked Vassell didn't he? Signed him for City and Leicester afterwards. Funny one.

He had that reputation (similar to Welbeck) that he was better for England than he was for his club, which realistically only ever applied for a very short period of time. As a whole he was equally as shit across both.

Quick, very quick. Rapid.

He had that reputation (similar to Welbeck) that he was better for England than he was for his club, which realistically only ever applied for a very short period of time. As a whole he was equally as shit across both.

Quick, very quick. Rapid.

If Shearer had made himself available for the tournament we'd have won it. A better option than Heskey/Vassell from the bench.

I'd have started 2004 Shearer over 2004 Owen tbh.

Some great timing from Spurs today. Levy announces non playing staff will have their wages reduced during the lock down.........oh and their accounts revealed which show Levy is paid a shit ton and somehow got a £3m bonus for the Stadium being built, eventually

"You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you...?"
A8FuI2ICQAA5DpR.png

The BBC are reporting the following.

The three divisions of England's National League football have been suspended indefinitely because of coronavirus.

The competition had been originally postponed until 3 April but that has now been extended following a board meeting on Tuesday.

It comes after all non-league football in steps three to seven was ended immediately on Thursday, with no promotion or relegation.

The National League said it was looking at "how best to conclude" the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back