• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Nice work Glasgow. Those numbers are pretty decent, tbf. What sort of elevation gain are you managing? Are you on Strava?

Not been able to get on my bike for 6 and a half weeks and I've probably put on 2 stone! Gonna try out the ankle at the weekend.

Hey I am on Strava Andrew Mansell Glasgow.
The above 20 miles fairly Flat
The 30.miles was 1000 feet elevation.

Today was the best I had done.
27 Miles
1300 feet elevation
15.6 MPH
Top Speed 39MPH

All I know is it has ruined my legs!!

No idea how you and others do the long bikes rides and up hills.

Persistence. I started below the level you just posted, and after a few weeks was able to turn out 35k per hour regularly and on some occasions, keep going for 3 hours. Think my record was 112km in one session. I'll tell you though, after the first session I thought I was dead. Cycling/spinning must be one of the easiest ways to get fit and not injure yourself.

Good stuff. 1300 ft over 30 miles is pretty testing I reckon.

Got my first sportive since knackering my ankle tomorrow morning. 40 miles and about 1200 ft elevation. Should be a good test as I've not done over 25 miles yet.

Got my first sportive since knackering my ankle tomorrow morning. 40 miles and about 1200 ft elevation. Should be a good test as I've not done over 25 miles yet.

How did you get on?

Finished 9th in the Over 44 National Canoe Marathon champs race yesterday. Very happy with that.

If only there was a dedicated thread for cycling...

Anyway, 30 miles and just over 2,350 feet of climbing yesterday. Suck on that.

Thank you. I've just looked up an extension and if I do another 14.5 miles I can crack a full kilometre of vertical.

Yeah, top 10 was the aim. Everybody who went quicker was in a higher division so I wouldn't have expected to beat them.

As usual I leave things far too late, off on holiday abroad for the first time in quite some time so decided to stop being a fat bastard. I have lost 22lbs in 2 months, ive stepped up the calories a bit now and am managing 4 sessions in the gym and an hour of football a week, I was even asked to sign for a team LOL.

knees don't suffer as much when im lighter so footy is enjoyable once more, I have also concocted some epic smoothies to start the day with maximum nutrition. When I get back from holiday I will look to pack on some more muscle.

As usual I leave things far too late, off on holiday abroad for the first time in quite some time so decided to stop being a fat bastard. I have lost 22lbs in 2 months, ive stepped up the calories a bit now and am managing 4 sessions in the gym and an hour of football a week, I was even asked to sign for a team LOL.

knees don't suffer as much when im lighter so footy is enjoyable once more, I have also concocted some epic smoothies to start the day with maximum nutrition. When I get back from holiday I will look to pack on some more muscle.
Can you play RWB?

Great stuff.
My Wife dragged me to Slimming world night of England V Belgium.
My weight had ballooned over the last 12 months, due to injury, Illness and just old age.....
I have lost 15 pounds in one month, still have another 23 pounds to lose.

I have noticed a massive improvement in climbing on my bike, I am not dragging a lard Arse up a hill.

I know i'll put weight on in a few weeks, Crusies tend to do that, 5 course meals, 8 or 9 pints, every night and a late night Curry will do that to you

Due to the heatwave making running conditions very difficult, I've lapsed terribly over the last few months. I'm supposed to be doing a half marathon in October so I need to get back into it. So last night I tried to do a 10k but took it very slowly and just tried to hit consistent split times. Quite pleased with my efforts!!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1736374077

The next step is to get back to running at least twice a week, and gradually increase the distance - it worked really well for me last year but I've got a very long way to go before I reach that level of fitness again.

Great stuff.
My Wife dragged me to Slimming world night of England V Belgium.
My weight had ballooned over the last 12 months, due to injury, Illness and just old age.....
I have lost 15 pounds in one month, still have another 23 pounds to lose.

I have noticed a massive improvement in climbing on my bike, I am not dragging a lard Arse up a hill.

I know i'll put weight on in a few weeks, Crusies tend to do that, 5 course meals, 8 or 9 pints, every night and a late night Curry will do that to you
Nice, similar situation it seems. Yes you can't hold back on holiday, but at least you will have a base of fitness to work from when you return. Good luck with losing the rest of the weight even though it is hard it is possible with the right mindset.

Curry is my major weakness but I am still having 1-2 a week although most of the time 1 of them is cooked by me.

Nice, similar situation it seems. Yes you can't hold back on holiday, but at least you will have a base of fitness to work from when you return. Good luck with losing the rest of the weight even though it is hard it is possible with the right mindset.

Curry is my major weakness but I am still having 1-2 a week although most of the time 1 of them is cooked by me.
I have healthy curry recipes so cook them all myself

I have an app on my phone “PACER” that counts steps and tracks runs where you can join other walkers/runners in Groups to achieve goals. One of these is to walk the greatest distance you can each day with the maximum it will record being 50km roughly being 31 miles.

I joined a Group to do that above and to achieve 10K steps a day. I have achieved that goal (10k steps per day) for each and every day since 30th April to date.

Anyhow I was amazed to see there are so many people recording the 50K per day each and every day. I walk quite quickly between 4-5 miles per hour. On that basis it would take me a combined 7+ hours a day to reach that distance. My other half today showed me a possible/probable cheat. Tap your phone against your leg and it clocks up the steps:

Sorry for the length but why oh why would anyone want to try and fool others into thinking they are superman.

Does anyone else have to fight the urge when, upon seeing someone shadow boxing, to kick them as hard as possible in the crotch and say 'Southpaw that, you cunt,'?

Back