• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Great North Run completed, it's been a year of injuries and niggles so not my best time due to poor training.

Got a selfie with the Red Arrows flying overhead though!
d61152b03e63560f7ff7f97723905d1d.jpg

Well done buddy.

Been doing the dry January thing (very boring). Didn't think anything of it and not particularly feeling any healthier - I didn't drink that much, probably only drank an average of 8 pints a week, with a very occasional blow out.

However, just weighed myself and I've lost 5.5Kg - out of nowhere. If anything I've been less active as I haven't been cycling to work every day and have definitely been eating more of an evening, out of boredom. Can't see what else the weight loss can be other than the beer, bit shocking really.

Been doing the dry January thing (very boring). Didn't think anything of it and not particularly feeling any healthier - I didn't drink that much, probably only drank an average of 8 pints a week, with a very occasional blow out.

However, just weighed myself and I've lost 5.5Kg - out of nowhere. If anything I've been less active as I haven't been cycling to work every day and have definitely been eating more of an evening, out of boredom. Can't see what else the weight loss can be other than the beer, bit shocking really.

Wow! That's some going! Well done you

8 pints a week is around 1600 calories, which isn't to be sniffed at. If everything else stays the same then you're bound to lose a bit of weight, especially at the start.

I'm very frustrated with my lack of fitness - I've tried to get back to running regularly but it's alarming how quickly you can lose fitness. Even a 5k last weekend made me ache for several days afterwards. I'm just going to have to keep going and get past it but it's annoying.

I'm aiming for a 10k race in May but I'm miles away from that at the moment.

Thread bump!

The lockdown has had a few positives, cooking and running! I'm able to get out for at least 2 runs a week now and I managed to do over 45 miles in April which is my best in ages.

Anyone else stepping up the fitness during quarantine?

Yeah myself and my wife have been doing the 30 min HITT trainings on YouTube 3 times a week.

I've piled on the pounds during lockdown so I need to improve my overall fitness. I look like shit at the moment

We went for a walk once, other than that I've gone out of my way for nothing exercise wise, do get a bit of a walk round sites though.

Two thirty minute interval sessions on the turbo, one 5k run and ~50k on the bike each week, plus daily pushups, planks and assorted exercises. Smashing it.

I think there have only been 2 days which I haven't left the house and I felt rubbish for not doing so. I need my vitamin D!

It helps having a dog to walk and Pokemon Go to play.

I've had a good month, did just over 200km of running in April, and i'm now in week 5 of Insanity max 30 - which is brutal! No way i'd have had time for all that exercise if i wasn't WFH so this is at least one blessing of lockdown.

Bought myself a power rack for the garage with cables and all sorts on and some adjustable dumbells 2 years ago. Been able to get in there more regularly with no work. Also got the bike on the turbo as well as the occasional outdoor Ride/ run plus walking the dog for an hour. Lost 10kg In 6 weeks and 15kg in total since Xmas.

My main exercise is in sorting the bloody garden out as it looks like a jungle. Every day it isn't actually raining I seem to be spending a few hours out there as there seems so much to do. Have dug up about a tonne of ground elder right to the bottom of the root system (I gave my regards to the earth's core on my way past) and now have been weeding and clearing the patio. In an ideal world I would borrow the cement mixer from work and completely relay it with a new membrane and screed, but sadly not possible just at the moment. Certainly the work is stopping me being a complete fat bastard.

Bought myself a power rack for the garage with cables and all sorts on and some adjustable dumbells 2 years ago. Been able to get in there more regularly with no work. Also got the bike on the turbo as well as the occasional outdoor Ride/ run plus walking the dog for an hour. Lost 10kg In 6 weeks and 15kg in total since Xmas.

15kg weight loss since Christmas is very impressive!

So is 200km in a month!! How the fuck have you managed to do that??!

What is Insanity Max 30?

15kg weight loss since Christmas is very impressive!

Yeah it’s bit easier though when you’re bigger, was never obese or anything like that but certainly carrying too much round the waist. Since lockdown cut out takeaways completely (sometimes was having 3 a week) and started calorie counting with MFP aiming for about 2200. Chuck in massively more exercise and it drops off. Now I’m down to 88kg and 20% BF it’s a bit harder because i actually need to start being a bit stricter. Slow and steady from here will be better though long term.

Back