• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

I did a run last night and you can tell it's still January - loads of other runners who will doubtless no bother after the month is over!

I used to see about 3 others on average if I did a 10k run. I must have seen over a dozen yesterday.

Most* of my running is done on the trails, have done a couple of road runs this month and it just hurts.

*I say most as I haven't actually been on the trails since September - not withstanding the fact that I am supposed to be doing a 16km trail run through the Highlands in 4 weekends time and can't train for it due to an operation on Thursday.

Where do you usually go?

I really need to start doing some exercise again and thought about getting a mountain bike as we've got the Blackwell Trail a couple fields from our street and then that leads onto the Five Pits Trail I think, could potentially make it as far as Chesterfield, Bolsover Castle or Hardwick Hall without going on any roads I think but don't really want to commit to buying a bike unless I'll end up sticking with it. Thought about having a go at bits of it running instead, see if the routes are interesting enough to get me hooked but the solitude of running usually puts me off.

Yeah you can only specify 1 activity type unfortunately. So buy some running shoes you raving velotard. Do what Wombat does.

No. Running offers no appeal to me whatsoever. Unless I'm running through town to bag a free ticket to the Wolves match!

Went for a session at a DW gym while I was in Ipswich. Just about got through it without breaking a leg.

Not sure it'd attract the clientele I'm hoping for, tbh...

10 mile run yesterday - was trying to pace myself and keep that pace throughout so quite pleased with my split time.

Screenshot_20180204-140213.thumb.png.f26dfbae8e74c15500c8b8f2f5cf204a.png

Aching to fuck today though.

No. Running offers no appeal to me whatsoever. Unless I'm running through town to bag a free ticket to the Wolves match!
Haha [emoji23] all my exercise is static work at the moment; not sure it's worth recording but in the spring I'll join you back with the cycling!

Fuckied up my 10k road race yesterday, got dragged along to begin with, then blew up at 8k. Arses.

Mind, the winner finished in 29:45. Yes, you read right, sub-three-minute kilometre average. Bastard.

I can't describe how much I despise running. I seriously hate it. It's stupid and inefficient and hard on the body.

But I was thinking of doing a C25k zombie app just to get moving doing *something*. It's something structured that I can just do what it says with the equipment (shoes) I have.

Anyone done something similar? I see there are a number of C25k apps.

I have no idea what you're on about; it makes even less sense than me, Machin and Langers egowanking on here about our limited sporting prowess.

Couch to 5k

Anyone done similar

Which is the best Couch to 5k app to use.

The standard NHS one is decent I think.

My 5000th attempt to get fit/lose a shit ton of weight started this morning.

Decided to give a gym another try and had my induction at 7.30 this morning....when I say induction what I mean is FULL ON TORTURE. No man should pushing weight trollies up and down, doing leg/chest pressess, etc etc unprepared at that time in the morning. I thought it would just be "and this is how this machine works" not a lets see how quickly we can kill you.

Got in the car after it and had couldn't drive. 20 fookin mins before I had the energy to press the clutch pedal. Fair to say I am hugley out of shape

Keep at it Kenneth - "pain is just weakness leaving the body*."

*read in an Arnie voice for maximum effect

Keep at it Kenneth - "pain is just weakness leaving the body*."

*read in an Arnie voice for maximum effect

I'll be back* tomorrow morning. I was planning on staying longer as I thought it would just be a boring walk around the gym but I consider having the strength to walk back to my car as a suitable and successful follow up.

*see what I did there...

Last edited:
It's kind of fun to look back on my times when I first started running, and to remember the agony I put myself through. It shows progress! So suffer, dammit - you'll feel much better for it!

I'm in appalling shape at the moment, I'm not running in this heat yet I've got to start getting into shape for the Birmingham Half Marathon in October.

Back