• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Does anyone else think we should split this thread up into cycling and non-cycling?

Or the cyclists just start a new thread? Nowt against it whatsoever and I'll no doubt read it to see how you're getting on but it does tend to take over from the rest of the activities somewhat as it's the most popular form of exercise on here.

Does anyone else think we should split this thread up into cycling and non-cycling?

Or the cyclists just start a new thread? Nowt against it whatsoever and I'll no doubt read it to see how you're getting on but it does tend to take over from the rest of the activities somewhat as it's the most popular form of exercise on here.

Velotards versus Jogwankers?

No, never had one. Something I've been interested in having but have never been convinced enough to drop that kind of money on it before - I'm guessing around £200 is what you need to pay??

I watched a couple of youtube videos about it with the guy from Sigma Sport - came across as a bit holier-than-thou and arrogant and just ended up selling the bike fit-ees a £300 pair of new cycling shoes each time :icon_lol:

Yeah, about £200 for a full Retul fit is about right. Three hours of your time and various physiological tests included, then they'll set to work on your position on the bike, moving as necessary, plus maybe moving your cleat position and inserting shims and wedges in your shoes as well. Not sure if you're being totally serious about the shoes, but anyone who makes someone buy some footwear rather than deal with any physiological deficiencies is an utterly unprofessional piece of shit.

Start your own jogging thread...

Yeah, about £200 for a full Retul fit is about right. Three hours of your time and various physiological tests included, then they'll set to work on your position on the bike, moving as necessary, plus maybe moving your cleat position and inserting shims and wedges in your shoes as well. Not sure if you're being totally serious about the shoes, but anyone who makes someone buy some footwear rather than deal with any physiological deficiencies is an utterly unprofessional piece of shit.

I had my first bike set up properly with all the measurements and shit, but didn't the second one. The comforbility was chalk and cheese. If I still had my second bike I'd go and have it fitted before the summer.

I swim as well, plus gym, therefore I am a Multicunt I'll have you know.

Okay then you Multicunt Velotard Wanker*, start a cycling thread.

This one can stay as the generic fitness thread.

*This really would be a superb custom title.

Yep, Francis Cade's channel on YouTube have a bikefit Tuesdays thing. I saw it on there.

Had a massage on Saturday afternoon. Decided on a run Sunday morning. What a fucking terrible idea that was.

I want some of your goal bonus for handing you that tap-in. Anyway, no, grim: I am working on fartlek running for longer distances and had nothing at all from the outset, to the extent that I knew I was in trouble after less than 1k. Soldiered on to 2k and then stopped, walked for a bit and then did some individual one-kilometer tests at perceived race pace, so managed to get something vaguely worthwhile out of the pain and misery.

Back