• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Good luck mate!

Have to admit I became a bit fitness obsessive at the turn of the year, the last three months have shown me that there are far more important things in life than becoming fitness obsessed.

Excellent time mate - well done!

Cracking time mate. Well done.

Thanks gents, it's an amazing run. Highly recommend it if you're into running - people cheering your name and high 5'speed galore!

Cheers bud. The wind screwed me over on the way home though.

10k PB of 47:29 tonight, more impressive that it was a negative split; that is to say the second 5k was faster than the first.

Good work - a decent time.

I did a 10k tonight - first one in months. Think I clocked in at 49.34 at the 10k mark.

Doing the Coventry 10k at the end of November and would be delighted to get under 45 minutes. A tall order though.

Good work - a decent time.

I did a 10k tonight - first one in months. Think I clocked in at 49.34 at the 10k mark.

Doing the Coventry 10k at the end of November and would be delighted to get under 45 minutes. A tall order though.

Think positive. You will do it. And the Coventry full and half marathon is a fairly flat run which normally produces decent times, so I expect the 10k to be similar.

Most of the barriers in distance running are in the mind, overcome them and you will do fine.

10k PB of 47:29 tonight, more impressive that it was a negative split; that is to say the second 5k was faster than the first.

Kin hell when I last tried to "keep fit" a got up to 10k but took me over an hour to run it

In any distance running if the second half is quicker than the first it shows you could have had a slightly better time. Don't get me wrong I understand the need to reserve energy, but sometimes if you push yourself that little bit further it is amazing how well you can do.

Season-best 5k of 22:50 last night, this after running 2.2k to the start point. Was an experiment in using a 'pace man' in that I ran on the shoulder of and marked the speed of the runner in front. Could get me down to sub-22 in time I think.

Just completed my first marathon in a time of 04:31:58 - a touch tired now!

I ran a PB of 26.06 for the 5k park run this Saturday. Quite happy with that considering I was trying to take it relatively easy so I didn't strain my calf muscle again.

Back